Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 146

20%

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 38

Ferrite asks a valid question – we can protest about the state of the club but that is rather a statement of the bleeding obvious.

Alcazar and a few others want the rich guy to walk away whatever the consequences.

Personally I would like the chairman to employ a competent football manager, give him a reasonable but not excessive League 2 budget and then let him get on with rebuilding a football team and complete backroom staff from scratch while he gets on with his apartments, racehorses and other businesses.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

Completely agree, MK, and in any event Swann is unlikely to be going anywhere whatever supporters might want.

The point is that Swann needs to understand the passion behind the club and that supporters do care. I’ve always backed him 100% but right now even I can’t support him. He needs to win back the trust of supporters, which does matter even for a small club.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

Is this replacing Flag Day?

Aye, it’s called White Flag Day!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

‘He needs to win back the trust of supporters, which does matter even for a small club.’

You’re confusing what you want him to do with what he actually thinks he needs to do, which I reckon are two different things and have been for years. Worth a try though

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 83

Personally I would like the chairman to employ a competent football manager, give him a reasonable but not excessive League 2 budget and then let him get on with rebuilding a football team and complete backroom staff from scratch while he gets on with his apartments, racehorses and other businesses.

We’ve all wanted that from day one. Swann got rid of Turnbull “the only scout at the club” and proceeded to Sign Turan, Mooney and Jarvis.

That just about sums Swann up. You can want that all you like, reality is Swann won’t give a shit and will do as he likes.

I could be totally wrong about that but strikes me as that kind of person.

What competent chairman sacks off a recognized scout and then brings players in who aren’t fit for conference level ?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

What competent chairman sacks off a recognized scout and then brings players in who aren’t fit for conference level ?

The answer to your last paragraph WG is the same as it’s always been. ” The man who knows it all ” and boy, does the Prawn believe he knows it all!!!!!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

What about the appointment of Rodders? That was a good use of money wasn’t it? 🙄

3 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 97

He needs to win back the trust of supporters, which does matter even for a small club.

No, it matters ESPECIALLY at a small club. Because big clubs can afford not to give a damn (as shown last week by their plans to shove off to a private league of their own) but clubs like ours need to engage with their fans. Break that trust and those fans might realise that it’s not worth parting with a large chunk of their hard-earned every week.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

Particularly as I believe he was appointed mainly to oversee our move to a new stadium, our return to the Championship and negotiate player contracts.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Yeah let’s protest, that’ll teach the players/management how to perform on the pitch…

Deereyme66Deereyme66

That wouldn’t be the focus of any protest as well you know. It’s not the root of the problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

You reap what you sow. Remember that.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

We’re not the farmer, just the fertiliser.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

We’ll see.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014

Seems to me these words should be on the boardroom wall. Never been more appropriate.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

We’ll see.

Our you could write a few more words on the situation the club finds itself in rather than dodge the issue like Boris at PMQ.

GreenunGreenun
    Participant
    Registered On: January 11, 2014
    Topics: 0

Sorry, my wife won’t let me go.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

What is it you’re hoping to achieve anyway? Swann put the club up for sale and not put another penny into the club when signings like Howard, Taft, Karacan are required?

Brilliant, as I say reap what you sow.

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

You are the cygnet and I claim my £5

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 83

uptheiron, not being funny but it was his ridiculously stupid plan on fielding a whole team of kids thinking we needed no experience and then did a u-turn at the last minute when he knew he had got it drastically wrong.

Howard, Brown we’re especially panic signings.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

It is quite difficult uti99 for those that care very deeply for the club to stand by doing nothing while the current shit show plays out.

Going into games against 2 very mediocre teams that have nothing to play for and hoping we might keep the score down to one or two and praying we might manage a shot on target across the 2 games is a desperate situation to be in.

My personal hope is that Southend are an even bigger basket case than we are.

If that situation is OK by you then you are either a member of the family or a fecking idiot or perhaps both.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Or maybe I just understand that being a fan, rather than a customer, of a football club is about ups and downs.

We’ve been terrible this season just like we were in the season before we signed Mussy, Bara and Crosby, then look what happened.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I understand ups and downs and if I was only looking for good times I would not have stuck with the Iron for 56 years.

Until this season we have never had a team whose primary tactic is to keep the score down.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014

We’ve been terrible this season just like we were in the season before we signed Mussy, Bara and Crosby, then look what happened.

That kind of argument can excuse anything.

Look, it was 17 years ago, with a different management, manager and players, plus a different attitude of the club towards its fans!

Complacency rules.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Too many on here are ‘customers’ aren’t they?

The idea of SUFC fans/customers ‘protesting’ makes me shudder. Although I’d expect nothing less from the sky sports generation.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

Without said customers there will be no SUFC

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.