BBC RADIO HUMBERSIDE.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace BBC RADIO HUMBERSIDE.

• Author
    AndersonAnderson
    Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2017
    Topics: 5

Nelson has done excellent since he has been in charge. He has got the players on board and playing together. Best in ages. To be told after today’s game , a new manager
    Is coming in did you know ?
    It is all speculation at the minute. He did not deserve that.
    Shame on you humberside.
    Who knows, he might be heading to
    Everton. The players will feel let down if Nelson is not kept on in some capacity.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

It was an unacceptable. I felt for Michael who has done an amazing job under ridiculously hard conditions.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 391

Which commentator was it ?

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

Ollie then Mike White

fans6464

That Ollie is snidy prick,surprised at Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Will we see a complete clear out?
    Put his own people in place.
    Be great if he brings in 4 or 6 directors who can each afford to sink a couple of 100k in a season.
    Having employees as Directors is 😂😂😂

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 100

It wasn’t Ollie’s place to say anything to Nelson in my opinion, it’s a strange choice if true from a club who only got promoted last season.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 38

Reporters just doing their jobs properly.

They didn’t offer someone a job without telling the incumbent first.

Happens in football about 90% of the time.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

It wasn’t Ollie’s place to say anything to Nelson in my opinion, it’s a strange choice if true from a club who only got promoted last season.

Preparation for part time in the NLN next season?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 72

He has also got them 4 promotions in 7 years. If a manager took Maidenhead to the Championship he’d attract interest from a Premier League club.

Of course it’s a gamble, but he has more pedigree than is being made out, as if he’s some average non-league manager who only has Peterborough Sports midtable. Look at the context. If Maidenhead were midtable in the Championship it would be a massive achievement. One worthy of a shot at a bigger club.

Yet people are trying to make out Dean’s record is worse than it is. I get that this is harsh on Nelson, who has done well with us so far, and I wouldn’t have been against Nelson at all. However, his record is poorer than Dean’s really. If these things are concerns for Dean, then they should be for Nelson too, surely? Yes, we’re playing better now, but it’s only been a month or so.

I don’t think any choice for full time role will be anything but a gamble.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

My point is he should be told by Hilton not Ollie Turner on live radio.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 72

I agree with that. That was poor. My response was to the second part of your previous comment about it being a strange choice, in combination with other, more derogatory, remarks about him.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I agree MM but Nelson shouold have known before Ollie Turner knew.

Humberside were already talking about it before the Nelson interview so Ollie would not be doing his job properly if he had not asked the question.

Nelson handled it with class but I suspect he is rather pissed offs evening and it won’t be with Ollie Turner.

I am sure Hilton did not expect it to be leaked before he had the chance to speak with Nelson and to be fair the leak does appear to have come from the the Peterborough Sports end of things.

Shame to finish such a positive week for the Iron on a sour note.

Welcome and best wishes to Jimmy Dean but also hope things work out really well for Nelson be that with the Iron or elsewhere.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

But Nelson said he didn’t know

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

That’s just my point Mick – he should have known.

Participant

He should have been told, but just remember Nelse would have been with the players not with the owner and Dean.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 52

Statement on Twitter now from Hilton stating a decision was not made at the time of his interview.

Appreciate the openness but constantly responding to supporters on Twitter won’t end well. Better off deleting the account and corresponding through the club channels.

fans6464

This is a poor start and bad from he new owner.As for Humberside surely local radio can afford an amount of basic humanity

4 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 83

Timing wasn’t great and should have been told behind closed doors but Hilton has offered Nelson a proper contract in a more fixed position so least it gives him more security now. Nelson’s been here not even on a contract so least he’s still here in some capacity.

Let’s not hate on Hilton already. I thought it was a nice touch from Hilton in offering Nelson a proper contract and he’s keeping in contact with fans and letting us know.

Hilton from this early on is soon to have his manager and assistant in place…has offered Nelson a proper contract in a coaching role, will have cleared the HMRC tax bill and is willing to bankroll a considerable number of signings in a bid to keep us up.

Hilton’s not even been here a week yet !

6 users thanked author for this post.
    adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 76

Not decided yesterday? Lol

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 149

Well most want forgiveness for Turnbull so it should be easier for them to forgive the new owner, not a good look but he as saved the club.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 83

I thought that was a bit daft. Dean and Plummer will be here regardless. I wonder if he’ll go after some of the better players at that level and bring any of his players with him ?

I’m sure he said he’s looking to bring a considerable number of players in so it’ll be interesting. Realistically we need 3 strikers. Another GK, CB, CM and possibly a few wingers.

Dean from what I’ve read likes to play with width, quick wingers and plenty of crosses in the box. That’s how he’s played at his previous club. A fan was on there earlier tweeting about him.

They have a really solid CB there at his old club who’s supposed to be one of the better one’s at that level and 2 really quick wingers who have scored a fair new.

Be a bit risky mind because I think they’re part time, aren’t they ?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 52

Timing wasn’t great and should have been told behind closed doors but Hilton has offered Nelson a proper contract in a more fixed position so least it gives him more security now. Nelson’s been here not even on a contract so least he’s still here in some capacity.

Let’s not hate on Hilton already. I thought it was a nice touch from Hilton in offering Nelson a proper contract and he’s keeping in contact with fans and letting us know.

Hilton from this early on is soon to have his manager and assistant in place…has offered Nelson a proper contract in a coaching role, will have cleared the HMRC tax bill and is willing to bankroll a considerable number of signings in a bid to keep us up.

No hating being done- the situation hasn’t been handled well and we’ll rightly scrutinise.

Positive is that Nelson has been offered a role; whether that works with a new gaffer and his team remains to be seen. I have my doubts.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

will have cleared the HMRC tax bill

Hopefully 🤷‍♂️

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I thought that was a bit daft. Dean and Plummer will be here regardless. I wonder if he’ll go after some of the better players at that level and bring any of his players with him ?

I’m sure he said he’s looking to bring a considerable number of players in so it’ll be interesting. Realistically we need 3 strikers. Another GK, CB, CM and possibly a few wingers.

Dean from what I’ve read likes to play with width, quick wingers and plenty of crosses in the box. That’s how he’s played at his previous club. A fan was on there earlier tweeting about him.

They have a really solid CB there at his old club who’s supposed to be one of the better one’s at that level and 2 really quick wingers who have scored a fair new.

Be a bit risky mind because I think they’re part time, aren’t they ?

Déjà vu

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

No hating being done- the situation hasn’t been handled well and we’ll rightly scrutinise.

Positive is that Nelson has been offered a role; whether that works with a new gaffer and his team remains to be seen. I have my doubts.

It never works.
    Cliques.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Yes I was very shocked when Nelson was asked straight out by the Humberside in the after match interview, Humberside should have done a quick check with the club to make sure that Nelson was aware of the situation. On the other hand, Scunny supporters are always complaining that thewy are kept in the dark with EVERYTHING, and the real blame is by Peterborough Sports for announcing the news on bloody twitter.

So as long has Nelson has been offered a contract that he is happy with, we should move on, only time will tell how that statement ends, but after eight years of Scunny fans being spun lie after lie by Swann with his dreams, and the club in free fall to near extinction, don’t let this little blip linger on and on, at the end of the day, this new omner has saved your club, and will obviously want some say in how it is to be run, that is a lot better than the owner not even bothering to attend matches, and running the club into the second teer of non-league football, while he is likely to be off to Wintanton or Ascot, so lets move on guys.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

while he is likely to be off to Wincanton or Ascot.

That Amer Abdulaziz is a bit of a wrong un.

[click on the horse to go to the article]

Drama as Cool Silk outbid co-owners Phoenix Thoroughbreds for Sands Of Mali

knutsofironknutsofiron
    Participant
    Topics: 2

Double Dutch to me, that. Horse racing is welcome to have him…..

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It’s easily explained. This little bloke gets on a sweaty equine and tries to make it run faster than all the rest.
    I don’t think there’s much else to add.
    Oh! There’s a load of people watching who have placed something called ‘bets’ – loadsa dosh they probably can’t afford and would have been better spent on football.
    Easy, innit?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.