Up the Swanee

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Up the Swanee

• Author
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 69

Well unless you are calling our fan director and Turnbull liars I would imagine the consortiums are (were) real, and Turnbull did say the season ticket money was going into the player budget.

This thread is about asking Peter what is happening presumably the very person supplying Neil Wright and Lee Turnbull with their information.

Therefore given the track record of the obvious one, we should surely question any information?

Got to go driving to Grantham with a box of rotten eggs and a tin of red paint!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 149

I see you think Swanny is is just telling them there are interested parties? That Turnbull character must be a sucker then, and if Neil is having the wool pulled over his head that easily the supporters groups who elected him should really be looking at binning him. What I don’t get is your asking Peter 3 questions but then in the next post you then say we should question any information. Make your mind up!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Based on his previous track record any thing he says should be questioned IMO.

ironkingironking
    Participant

I see you think Swanny is is just telling them there are interested parties? That Turnbull character must be a sucker then, and if Neil is having the wool pulled over his head that easily the supporters groups who elected him should really be looking at binning him. What I don’t get is your asking Peter 3 questions but then in the next post you then say we should question any information. Make your mind up!

Let me explain it to you, I asked 3 questions of Peter which is what this thread is about, he has all the answers, nobody else.

My next post was in response to YOU, who suggested I was making out two respected people within Scunthorpe United FC to be liars which was a complete and utter un-truth which I was more than happy to dispel.

You seem to have an agenda all of your own, on this and many other posts where you either misquote or misinterpret other people in order to make a point without actually having the balls to say them yourself.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

You must remember that Awaywego has set himself up as chief mischief-maker on IB.

You’ll need a whole tub of Saxa to take his posts seriously!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I made my point and you reprinted it, ” I imagine the consortiums are or were real” can’t be any clearer than that, Lee Turnbull is the Chief operating officer told me and others what the playing budget consisted of. It was Neil who told us that the film producer was the main interested party. So Neil and Lee have answered all your questions, and I get it, you want Peter to answer these questions so you can then say ” Therefore given the track record of the obvious one, we should surely question any information ” His track record is poor so why bother asking him. Ps did you go to the coffee morning with Lee to get answers?.

IronmasterIronmaster
    Participant
    Registered On: June 19, 2020
    Topics: 2

You must remember that Awaywego has set himself up as chief mischief-maker on IB.

Thought that was the other joker UTI99, who has like Mr Swann disappeared recently!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Chief mischief- maker and twat of the year, what accolades, when’s the prize giving ceremony I’ll get my acceptance speech sorted.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

It seems the waters are being muddied, possibly deliberately. The strong probability is that Lee and Neil answered questions, to the best of their ability, based on information given to them by a third party. Knowing the probable source of that information it can be of little surprise that some fans have doubts about the accuracy of those answers.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 63

Any statement from the club must be taken with the proverbial ‘pinch of salt’.

Anything official must be from the ‘EGO’ – I don’t trust it !

Mr Turnbull & Mr Wright are in the middle.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Probably why they were brought in!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Definitely muddy bloody waters, I see Neil and Lee are only been told things, didn’t Neil say he’s no fool well he must be if he’s taking swannys word at face value. Don’t you think there would be a paper or email trail a personal visit that Lee or Neil would have seen or being involved in? Certainly a tough crowd their having to play to.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Neil was elected in NI,one of those who elected him was that trust that you joined.

ironkingironking
    Participant

Spot on Cass and Sanfran

It is pleasing that at least two fellow respected Iron fans can both read and understand fellow posters massages without feeling the need to misquote, make up, mislead or down right spoil posts.

Or the other tactic of getting fellow posters arguing with each other whilst pouring fuel on both sides.

Or trying to take a thread in an altogether different direction.

Or creating a post which is unpopular/ controversial or both and then pinning the blame on a.n.other who questions or contributes to the debate.

O we gay aw

4 users thanked author for this post.
    IronmasterIronmaster
    Participant
    Registered On: June 19, 2020
    Topics: 2

Awaywego if you have an issue with the COO, Fan director, Iron trust their members or any other supporters group why don’t you as IK suggests grow some “balls” and start your own thread saying exactly what you mean.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Neil was elected in NI,one of those who elected him was that trust that you joined.

I know! But I also know it’s convenient to have these middle-men to take the flak instead of the chairman taking a direct hit!

chiefphotoDavid
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2018
    Topics: 0

Interest, consortium, tyre kickers at best.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Spot on Cass and Sanfran

It is pleasing that at least two fellow respected Iron fans can both read and understand fellow posters massages without feeling the need to misquote, make up, mislead or down right spoil posts.

Or the other tactic of getting fellow posters arguing with each other whilst pouring fuel on both sides.

Or trying to take a thread in an altogether different direction.

Or creating a post which is unpopular/ controversial or both and then pinning the blame on a.n.other who questions or contributes to the debate.

O we gay aw

If you want Swann to answer your questions, then send them to him.

As you well know, he never posts on here.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant

Interest, consortium, tyre kickers at best.

Based on no knowledge whatsoever?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

IronIronIron wrote:-
    “If you want Swann to answer your questions, then send them to him.
    As you well know, he never posts on here.”

We have had the answers that Mr Swann wants us to have via Lee and Neil. That’s not the issue here.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The Fa, the EFL, the Government,and in the main fans want fan directors, and yet you NI see it has someone just to take the flak away from the owners, cynical or what lol. Ps the England match is so bloody boring turned it off.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant

IronIronIron wrote:-
    “If you want Swann to answer your questions, then send them to him.
    As you well know, he never posts on here.”

We have had the answers that Mr Swann wants us to have via Lee and Neil. That’s not the issue here.

He said in his post that he wanted Swann to answer his 3 questions, so it is the issue here.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Ah, more words put into people’s mouths.

I was delighted Neil was elected, and was happy to see Lee Turnbull back at the club, but I don’t think I’m the only one who would prefer to to hear it direct from the Swann’s bill!

However, as many of the above posts say, can we believe anything coming out of the club these days?

Cynical perhaps. But can you blame us?

8 users thanked author for this post.
    IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant

Ah, more words put into people’s mouths.

Not at all. Read his posts (a number of them) and he clearly directs, and names Swann, the questions at our owner.

As for Swann, he can’t win. He speaks & he is a liar, he doesn’t speak & he should do so, and someone speaks on his behalf & they are being conned.

I really hope that he sells up soon, but people making assumptions, making their own interpretation of what has (or hasn’t) been said and calling.on him to respond to a post on this site, is getting tedious.

He will not divulge what is happening re a sale, and neither should he. Let’s just hope it is sooner rather than later.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Exactly Ironii, But we do have that contact through Neil and anyone needing a question answering should email him he’s responded to all mine. Posters for some reason don’t want to do that it makes it so much easier to criticize that way. Posted after the Orient game one of my friends who we met there had over an hour to speak to Neil and Lee but no waited till they left and then started to criticize saying they should have done this and that, we immediately shot him down that’s how I see many on here.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

‘He speaks & he is a liar’. To my knowledge that’s a potential libellous comment. Not wise.

ironkingironking
    Participant

Alas, Peter does read social media sites, how else would he know who was criticising him and who to sue (allegedly) or send solicitors letters to at the least (allegedly).

So he may or may not post on here, but he damn well knows what is being said.

If anybody carefully listened to him when he first came to the Iron, he also told us he set up the Gainsborough equivalent of bru and was an administrator not only knowing who posted what but also their real identity!

As a longstanding Iron supporter who cares passionately about the club, I would along with many others, like to know what is happening in the short term, if indeed we have one at all.

Only one man knows this 100%. This is the same man who disappeared at the very end letting someone else take the flak for his failings.

The supporters of Scunthorpe United have been fed in recent years many promises which have proved to be false.

Any decent questions have been ignored or derided. For example when telling supporters about the land deal with Lucient costing £1. He was asked if he had it in writing, he got all flustered and was aggressive saying we supporters didn’t need to know that and we should take his word for it.

Not having that in writing cost £1:5 million in research, development and planning for a ground which never appeared, that cost I believe was charged back to the club.

What I would like from Mr Swann is for him to be absolutely upfront regarding the future and of course honest.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Must admit we heard the same about Swann, takes a keen interest on who posts and their identity, bit of saddo if true.

ironkingironking
    Participant

Time to stand up Peter.

The silence is deafening on a sale or no sale of the club.

Season ticket sales at over 1000 which is a third of the gate required for a break even 3000.

A club nearby dropping out the league and getting back at the first time of asking, with a decent manager who you described “as no good for this club”. A club who changed ownership and rode a positive wave whilst galvanising its support and not telling it to stay away due to COVID!

A club chairman that doesn’t make it all about himself and stays in the background whilst the manager manages and tries to play an attacking brand of football.

The formula works Peter it’s not a miracle. So prepare a few words on paper letting the supporters of Scunthorpe United FC know what is happening. Call it a press release, send to the local media outlets and refuse to speak to any media otherwise it will distort the message.

Alternatively write to each and every season ticket holder with an explanation surely their blind loyalty merits an update.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 100

I sent Lee Turnbull a text last night to see if I could find anything out what is going on at GP, new signings or owner and he said he was in Florida on Holiday so until he comes back next week he knows nothing, so seeing he is acting Chairman I think the knows nothing means nothing is happening.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.