That there takeover?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace That there takeover?

• Author
    alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

All gone a bit quiet.

Are we all agreed that it was always smoke and mirrors?
    Or just bullshine?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I never believe a word the Prawn says, if the day ever dawn’s we are sold and he’s gone and we still have a football club, will be the only time I believe but a lot of us may be dead by then.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    inspectorinspector
    Participant
    Registered On: September 11, 2016

Swann may be dead, too.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Dying Swan, that’s ballet for ya.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

Swan fake

4 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 15

I have not seen any concrete proff any buyers or a potential sale takeover call it what you like exsisited …im.tendiing to go down the bullshit route to sell season tickets ..until.of course any proof does appear

2 users thanked author for this post.
    alcazaralcazar
    Participant

I reckon it was a deflection like the times we were told about new stands etc under Steve Wharton.
    Back of a fag packet design that most knew would never be built, but it stopped us talking about directors who contributed nothing but took plenty, or the latest player sold quickly and far too cheap.

As for Swann, if he told me today was Wednesday, I’d have to check.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 22

Bru bought into it though.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Bru reported it and discussed it on the podcast but they have to work with what info they receive. Of course they would not say whether they believe it or not or any more snippets of info from you know who would stop completely. Remember any info from Bru or LT is only repeated from the same source a lot of us question.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 149

Where are all the interested parties you promised would be there once he officially put the club up for sale Alcy? That was always my concern that they’d be no one else to come in. Better hope that Swanny sticks around.

alcazaralcazar
    Participant

Where are all the interested parties you promised would be there once he officially put the club up for sale Alcy? That was always my concern that they’d be no one else to come in. Better hope that Swanny sticks around.

First off, that was way back when we were a viable proposition, before Swann’s business acumen put us firmly in the brown and smelly place we now inhabit.
    Secondly, before prospective buyers appear, the club needs to be PROPERLY PUT UP FOR SALE.

Which is, if you look back, what I’ve always said.
    I’d be more than shocked if someone knocked on my door asking to buy my house, but if I put estate agents boards up offering it for sale, I’ll be surprised if no-one comes.

The whole sale thing has been a debacle, handled about as well as we should expect from Swann.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 38

There have been 4 or 5 interested groups so far depending who you believe. I think Swann has referenced 4 of them but of course that is no guarantee of truth.

For a club hanging on at the arse end of full time professional football that seems a high number and definitely suggests the interest is certainly there.

It is only my opinion but it also suggests the asking price is too high or that the strings attached too onerous.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Or they can’t come up with the money that was agreed. They never did come back to contradict Swann.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

You are deciding to believe one sides version of that event then?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 62

To MK Iron. To answer all your questions – who says ?

Yes THE EGO !

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Like I say MK they never contradicted Swannys statement, in fact they never said a darn thing. Would be more than willing to hear their side if different.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Maybe they read the statement and thought, ” give it up, we are dealing with a fruitcake hear “.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

Are they at liberty to issue a statement about what happened or not?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Suspect any parties that have declared an interest will have had to sign confidentiality agreements or NDA’s.

The truth will out once liquidation or a sale is confirmed.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

That’s what I assumed

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

So Swanny can publish or say what he wants with impunity? Yet others have their hands tied by confidentiality agreement, By he’s a powerful man why would we want rid, so clever than everyone else a messiah.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I would imagine Mr Swann is covered by some restrictions in such agreements should they exist.

I am not claiming to have inside knowledge of the potential sale of the club. I am just giving possibilities based on standard practice during company sales.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

The family must have stopped reading the board otherwise your last post would have been agreed with by now.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If swanny is covered by some restrictions how come he can say the buyers couldn’t come up with the funds? Or is it standard practice that one side can say whatever they want, Please come up with a logical answer.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Topics: 16

I suspect the asking price is too high. In my opinion Swann has destroyed a lot of the intangible asset value of the club, which is only likely to come back if we can show signs of returning the the EFL. That looks a long way off at the moment.

All very demoralising for supporters.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

He has not breached anything. He has not told anyone who made the offer or what the offer was.

He simply said a group had made an acceptable offer, passed the FPP test but could not provide proof of required funding.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 97

I suspect the asking price is too high. In my opinion Swann has destroyed a lot of the intangible asset value of the club, which is only likely to come back if we can show signs of returning the the EFL. That looks a long way off at the moment.

Pretty much anything can be sold if the asking price is right. Conversely, if you can’t sell something, it is often because the price is too high.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Topics: 6

The reality is that none of us know what is happening.

Even with nda’s/conf agreements, there would be nothing to stop either party making a basic statement like Swann has. No detail, nothing controversial, just a general statement.

What I find hard to take is all these poster who moan when Swann doesn’t say anything yet shout “liar” as soon as he opens his mouth. It is getting tedious.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

That’s all they can do IronIronIron, they’re fixated about Swann being the big bad boogie man, maybe he is but he’s the only one who tells us anything no matter how infrequently.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 62

That’s all they can do IronIronIron, they’re fixated about Swann being the big bad boogie man, maybe he is but he’s the only one who tells us anything no matter how infrequently.

Cannot believe this.

The EGO is the only one who can tell you because no one else knows ! He keeps it to himself. Who said there are several interested groups, who said they can’t prove they have the money ? Who says someone else is interested ? Who says ‘no they are not’ yes THE EGO !!!

Don’t believe one word of any of the statements because check how many times anything has come true.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.