SST
    Keymaster
    Topics: 777
    Replies: 2838

New deal triggered due to the fact he has started 30 games this term.
    Bet he hasn’t managed that feat for a few years…

WonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 234
    Replies: 4611

Good player Novak but we need more fire power for next season.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 196
    Replies: 7965

Need better supply from midfield/wings!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Cammy
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 25

Novak is a good player glad he is staying with the iron.

Pele
    Participant
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 512

He’s ok but we need better than him to push on,would of released him in the summer

BigLeftToe
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 130

Good, hard-working, intelligent player. Only just 30 as well. Glad he’s on our books.

With a more forward thinking team and better service he could easily be hitting the 20 goal mark (he’s on 11 now which ain’t all that bad!).

5 users thanked author for this post.

Sanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 266
    Replies: 5891

Novak and Kyle would score more if we played the OUR strengths and at a faster pace.

Ponderous is a good word to explain our passing. To attack, players need to make runs down the flanks, make passes into the runners then get crosses in as defenders are having to go backwards. Passing in front of defenders allows them to settle.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Ironawe
    Participant
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 470

Novak Ok but a lot of little niggling injuries do affect his performance (and he often performs through these injuries). A fully fit and firing Novak would be a major plus but I think we’ll only get an 80% fit and firing Novak.

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 150
    Replies: 2798

Maybe now he’s got to 30 and triggered his contract extension he won’t feel the need to play if he’s less than 100%?

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 91
    Replies: 2132

Cannot say that I am over the moon with the extra years extension, but time will tell.

Our mid-field needs a lot of alteration to it, and it is past time that our manager started to select teams that can attack, and at the same time entertain the supporters.

We should not be frightened to play any team in this devision, let alone the Gillinghams, Oxfords and Bristols.

Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Topics: 60
    Replies: 208

Novak would be a no for me… belongs in a poor league one side which I am hoping we won’t be for much longer

Anyone noticed Paddy maddens goal assist and return stats this season?

That’s a natural goal scorer!!

If only we had one

Bishops Finger
    Participant
    Topics: 265
    Replies: 438

New deal triggered due to the fact he has started 30 games this term.
    Bet he hasn’t managed that feat for a few years…

Not sure what I think really. He will be good to have around the place but I hope we are not relying on him for goals as much next season, whichever division we are in. I do wonder if the club really wanted to keep him? As SST says he wouldn’t have triggered such a clause in previous seasons, but on the other hand he has been our most consistent player and the deal is a testament to the work he did to get back to full fitness.

Sanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 266
    Replies: 5891

Would think he will make more appearances from the bench next season.

Paddy Madden ? – we had one but 2 managers decided to make him something he couldn’t be and then did zero to defend what they had done and allowed the booing to prosper. An absolute loss to us, could you imagine his goals tally with the half chances we have been creating.

Hopefully we will have one coming through the U23s next season. We certainly have some very good U18s to come through.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 91
    Replies: 2132

The question is Sanfran “WILL THEY BE GIVEN A CHANCE”.

Yes, Madden was driven out of our club by Alexander playing him as a right winger, he was so pissed off that he did not score for 23 games, this you would have said was impossible. Townsend was sickened off by the same manager for not selecting him when he was obviously our best left back, and also because he had a big bust up with him. But although Novak has scored 10 tap in’s and is the leading scorer, he is absent in his play in most matches, and just chases about the pitch without input, he would probably ,ake a good late sub.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.