I’ve been to a lot of games..

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace I’ve been to a lot of games..

• Author
    billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 64

..but that was up there as the most memorable game!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 149

For all the wrong reasons though bpg.never seen a team celebrate with their fans only to be told later in the dressing room that the ref thought better of it and decided to abandon the result he’d allowed at the time.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It used to be that if a match was abandoned before HT, fans either got cash back or a new ticket.
    I think I recall that there was no refund if match was over during the second half.
    IF that applies – a good £60k payday to strengthen the squad.
    ???

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 100

You can’t make injury time less than what goes upon the Board, I think both clubs thought he had blown for time, then he stuck 5 fingers up, but like Dean said he should have called it off before the penalty, couldn’t have been easy for Elliott, but it was a poor performance against a team that milked everything and scored with their 2 efforts.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Poor marking for their second, complete free header is totally unacceptable, we got out of jail with the abandonment but it was the correct decision, should have be called off before stoppage time was even contemplated. Shocking officials, have we seen a worse referee at GP before? ( I imagine the Derek Deadman fanbase is baying to be heard ) 😂

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 4

For those of us currently roaming around Iceland (the country that is) why was it actually abandoned??

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

waterlogged and unplayable / ball couldn’t run true and damgerous for players. As said before should’ve been called off 5 minutes before. No sympathy for Buxton- they could’ve won without all the time wasting

DarrynStampGoalMachineDarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Registered On: May 21, 2018
    Topics: 8

Poor marking for their second, complete free header is totally unacceptable, we got out of jail with the abandonment but it was the correct decision, should have be called off before stoppage time was even contemplated. Shocking officials, have we seen a worse referee at GP before? ( I imagine the Derek Deadman fanbase is baying to be heard ) 😂

Darren! I won’t forget that clowns name in a hurry.

Wasn’t there today so can’t comment but Deadman will take some beating. If it’s going to happen I’d imagine it’ll be while we’re down at this level.

I saw Les gave a 0 today so I can’t imagine how bad it must’ve been!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 20

I was at the infamous Darren Deadman match and thought after that game that I would never see a worse refereeing performance in my life. Well today’s ref was like “hold my beer”.

He got just about every call wrong and the abandonment at the end was just farcical. To me it looked like he bottled it and gave the win to Buxton (hence the player celebrations), but I suspect when he had time to reflect on his decision, he knew he had made a grave error and then called it as match abandoned. I suspect the referee assessor may want to have a few words with him.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 72

The clown was worse than Deadman. No control of the game whatsoever. The final whistle with time left was the icing on a bad cake.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 52

Can probably count on one hand the amount of times I’ve moaned about refs on here.

Utter bemusement all game with the officials today; they are up there with the worse I have ever witnessed. In fact, the whole standard of referee’s in this league is painfully poor, it’s like the standard falls off a cliff at this level and they are poor in the national league.

The ref today lost the game in the first 10 minutes, letting everything go which only encouraged Buxton’s thuggish players. A good ref would have nipped it in the bud by having a word with both captains early.

The challenge in the first half on Wilson was reckless, looked bad where we were. Their substitute raised his arm and elbowed evans right in the jaw- ref saw it and gave a yellow. If you’ve seen it it’s a straight red! Players just getting ragged about and the officials didn’t bother blowing. Made a rod for their own backs.

The ending was the cherry on the cake. His head had firmly left his shoulders by this point and he didn’t know what to do. Never seen supporters left in the stadium 5 minutes after the game not knowing what has gone on. Managers or players weren’t told either. Utter chaos.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.