Grimsby match thread

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Grimsby match thread

• Author
    BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 4

Think we could and should have scored about 4 from set pieces today…Gilliead and O’Malley’s delivery was top notch.

Green needs to stay in the team and get a decent run, he’s rapid and will have the beating of most fullbacks in this league.

Karacan and Beestin looks a perfect combo. I like Spence but he doesn’t displace either of those two.

O’Malley > Brown.

Loft looked fairly decent today with a partner who was actually by his side. I don’t usually like Eisa through the middle but he was very good today.

4-4-2 merchants very much vindicated. Hopefully Cox learns from this and keeps it up!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 69

Papered over the cracks today against an utterly dire Cod team.

Heard Hursts dulcit tones which I havent missed and no John Tonder thank heavens.

Locked in a room with those two monotone dour gits would be purgatory.

DarrynStampGoalMachineDarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Registered On: May 21, 2018
    Topics: 8

no John Tonder thank heavens.

A surprise almost as welcome as the result.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 85

Howard and Loft must have won over one or two posters today but they might need to do it again on Tuesday just to be sure.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 50

Reassuring to see Howard dominating his 18 yard box and collecting crosses. Simple, but takes pressure off the centre backs.

Thought Gillead was fantastic at points today too- stone wall penalty for me after he tied pollock in knots.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Is that the same Pollock that is being watched by Prem. clubs?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 50

Is that the same Pollock that is being watched by Prem. clubs?

Must be the Same scout watching Bedeau

2 users thanked author for this post.
    RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

It wasn’t a penalty and ref was right with the booking.
    Gilly went out of his way to make contact with there player.

Also great to see Howard had chipped away at those concrete boots to take a few catches off his line.
    Long May it continue and hope Cox takes the same attacking approach on Tuesday and for the rest of the season. Get KVV back and we can only but dream climbing the table and hopefully watch the Cods slip through the net out of the league. Unfortunately think there new owners will save them over the next few years and they will be back.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 38

Who needs VAR when we have such certainty from a single camera angle internet video stream.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

If that was a reason for not giving a penalty there would hardly be any in the Premiership! How many times have you heard “….. drew the foul” on a commentary?

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

Depends how blatant it was CT. ref was in the right position.
    Tbh he gave us some soft free kicks too so probably even’d it up.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 38

From our fairly poor vantage point on iFollow it did not look like a penalty to me – the defender stood his ground.
    However the booking was ridiculous. If you run into someone at pace there is a fair chance you are going to fall over.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Howard and Loft must have won over one or two posters today but they might need to do it again on Tuesday just to be sure.

Cass, Why do you think that these two had good games ??, in reality Howard didn’t really have a save to make, yes I must agree that he didn’t make his usual howler, and he was actually spotted off his goal line, but nothing to thrill about.And Toft ran an ran for the full match, and must have covered about twenty miles on the day, but every header of his went to Grimsby players, or he missed three headers completely, and also missed an open goal, plus his so called goal was really a Grimsby players own goal. but funny thing is that for some reason “if a Scunny player, dashes all over the pitch like a mad man, he is classed by some Scunny fans as having a good game”.

Who did have good games were Gilliead my MOM and Onariase who shon out for me, there runs were with the ball, not just cross country runs.

Anyway good to see our team collect three points, but Grimsby are really dier, and the ref was just as bad, 36 free kicks was a joke, and every time a Grimsby got near a man, he usually took a dive and the ref boight it throughout the full 90 mins, Tuesdays match should be just as easy, because Port Vale are as bad as Grimsby, so please play at least two or even three up front and improve our goal difference.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

I referee mate! and all I can say is the ball would have been on the spot if it was me

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

bartonscorpion wrote:-
    “Cass, Why do you think that these two had good games ??,”

I don’t think a keeper can do any more than keep a clean sheet and he was more mobile in his area. I continue to blame the coach for a succession of GKs that stay on their line.
    Loft gave his usual 100% effort and benefitted from closer support which improved his game. He scored and provided a perfect assist for Eisa’s second, if he does that every game the opposition will have to score 3 to win.
    They’re not your cup of tea I know, but don’t let previous poor efforts prevent you recognising a decent performance when it happens.
    (It does need to happen more regularly though!)

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.