What a Great Site Sponsor

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace What a Great Site Sponsor

• Author
    BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

Delighted to see the site has a sponsor, especially one so closely aligned with our Royal Family, which reflects so strongly the values and beliefs of all this site’s posters.

What pride the publisher, moderator and posters must take in being supported by such a bedrock of the British establishment.

How good to see the site following its principles in such a strong way.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Is it a full moon tonight?😂

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 85

Anybody understand what Rick Bonus is on about? He knows something I don’t clearly. Is Prince Andrew the CEO?

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Topics: 35

He is obviously extracting the urine, as most posters on here hate the royal family and probably the country itself.

#leftisthaters

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 100

I’ve nothing against the Royal Family.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 4

Disagreeing with your vision for where the country should be does not equal hating the country. Despite its faults this country is one of the best to live in in the world. I want it to be the best it can be, despite the challenges ahead.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 63

Methinks someone has lost his (Henley granite &) marbles!

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Topics: 16

Well someone has lost their marbles. I almost fell off my chair laughing when I looked at the sponsor’s website. Almost the first person I came across was Prince Charles followed by the Queen.

So much for the principles of those who run this site. The hypocrisy is unbelievable while I can only assume the sponsor hasn’t looked very carefully at the non-football side of this board.

Just waiting for Gurnelista or Fans to tell us how much they love our Royal Family. I’m actually looking for a new kitchen so will give these guys a call. Who says PR doesn’t work?

SouthYorksIronSouthYorksIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 1

Genuinely struggling to see your problem here Bucksiron.

Website struggling for cash
    Sponsor offers cash
    Gratefully accepted
    Problem solved

It almost seems like you’re looking for an argument when there’s no need for one.

If anything, your concern should be for the sponsor who’s got into bed with an organisation who may not entirely share its core values, assuming of course that anyone who does business with the royals must be ardent royalists rather than cynical capitalists who see the potential value of an association with royalty.

Perhaps you could offer them your valuable PR services, just on the off chance that the odd potential buyer of a granite worktop might be influenced by the opinions of a few who might hold left-of-centre views on the non-football section of a website the manufacturer sponsors.

(posters who, of course, don’t “run” the website, fundamentally undermining your initial accusation of hypocrisy)

SouthYorksIronSouthYorksIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 1

P.S. I note, belatedly, that the sponsorship is actually specifically for the podcast, rather than for the website itself. Has the podcast ever even hinted at any form of anti-royalist sentiment? I suspect not, but am happy to be corrected.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 76

I’m actually looking for a new kitchen so will give these guys a call. Who says PR doesn’t work?

Quote Iron Bru for 10% off your quote!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Genuinely struggling to see your problem here Bucksiron.

Website struggling for cash
    Sponsor offers cash
    Gratefully accepted
    Problem solved

It almost seems like you’re looking for an argument when there’s no need for one.

If anything, your concern should be for the sponsor who’s got into bed with an organisation who may not entirely share its core values, assuming of course that anyone who does business with the royals must be ardent royalists rather than cynical capitalists who see the potential value of an association with royalty.

Perhaps you could offer them your valuable PR services, just on the off chance that the odd potential buyer of a granite worktop might be influenced by the opinions of a few who might hold left-of-centre views on the non-football section of a website the manufacturer sponsors.

(posters who, of course, don’t “run” the website, fundamentally undermining your initial accusation of hypocrisy)

Exactly, but that doesn’t fit Bucks’s persecution complex, so will be ignored for conspiracy theories about how this site is literally run by those on non-football when it is really run by SST, who has never set foot into those discussions. Therefore, we cannot judge hypocrisy on his part unless we know his views from knowing him elsewhere. I suspect Bucks doesn’t.

Personally, I couldn’t give a rat’s arse whether the sponsor is royalist or not. My views on the Royal Family are not very strong, but it seems that Bucks is once again trying to paint anyone who disagrees with him as inherently disingenuous. Bucks – the right wing Owen Jones.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 96

I hope Bucks is ok, this sort of pathetic trolling is not good for you.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Bucks, the granite is most likely sourced from overseas.

I’d stick with good old English Oak for your worktops.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 10

I’m actually looking for a new kitchen so will give these guys a call.

This is the sort of thing said by little people with big mouths when they’re in deep financial do-do. What a shame, BI actually filleted by the Tories themselves!

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant

… most posters on here hate the royal family and probably the country itself.

#leftisthaters

Most people on here hate the way the country has gone in the last ten years, yourself included. And just look who’s been in charge. It’s not complicated, in fact it’s staring you in the face.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I hope Bucks is ok, this sort of pathetic trolling is not good for you.

In all sincerity, I agree. I find his attempts frustrating, and have obviously registered my disapproval in my argument, but I do wonder whether he’s ok. Letting some on the non-football forum bug him to the point where he sees them as having undue influence over running the board, not just commenting in large number, and seeing persecution from the site based on this, when the site doesn’t run on any kind of leftist principle (it’s a football forum run by SST, who hasn’t let his political views show), is the kind of paranoid conspiracy which plagues those who are struggling in some way.

I hope Bucks doesn’t see this as an attack on him and more of an attempt to give advice to take a breather and not let feuds with Gurnelista and others get to him. I know it’s easy for me to say, but I would welcome Bucks giving his contrary views on here, the forum does need it and has missed some of it for the past few months. I would just wish he wouldn’t group others into some nefarious gang and treat contrary views from him as being a potentially legitimate opinion regardless of past support for Labour, without undue accusations of others being disingenuous because they criticise the Tories.

I hope Bucks would come back and debate things on there, but in a less divisive fashion, and this means others trying to be more respectful of him too. However, I feel that the motivation is no longer there to do so and I don’t know whether Bucks would be willing to curb his own bad habits, particularly the broad brush characterisation of others as being Corbyn apologists whenever the Tories get criticised, despite the reality being a little more complex than that. I would say that I wished that there was more vocal criticism of Corbyn over the years on there, given my own views on him, but I think it’s clear that most on there are not Corbyn die hards, even if their views are more mellow than mine.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Maybe the queen will invest a few bob into the club and become a director! That would be an interesting AGM 🤣

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 85

I don’t think even the creation of Lord Swann of the Sands would get her on the board would it?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

This is the football board yet Bucks has started a thread containing zero football content.

We’d all love to hear his views on the summer recruitment, the new management team or the performances over that three competitive games. But instead he comes up with some convoluted nonsense on the new podcast sponsors.

He’s not even joined the prediction league so I doubt he’s a Patreon member.

So how does he think IB can finance itself?

C’mon Bucks, if you’ve got money for granite worktops you can afford a few bob to support Iron Bru surely?

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 100

Well said NI, people who donate to Prediction League and Patreon or both are helping the site so if we have a sponsor good on Brad and the two Matt’s for making it possible and keeping Bru going.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 87

‘I hope Bucks would come back and debate things on there, but in a less divisive fashion’.

Never happened before. Can’t see it happening anytime soon. Pointless OP. Attention seeking and paranoid.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 87

‘He is obviously extracting the urine, as most posters on here hate the royal family and probably the country itself.’

I wouldn’t say you’re probably wrong, I’d say you’re definitely wrong. On both counts.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017

Move this codswallop to non football.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Move this codswallop to non football.

100% agree on this topic being moved to non football, don’t agree that all replies posted on this topic are codswallop , however I do enjoy seeing the Cods walloped on matchdays.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant

most posters on here hate the royal family and probably the country itself.

LK, being patriotic – i.e. loving your country – means loving the people within it, not blindly cheering your leaders, no matter how incompetent they are.

Brainwashed, euphoric followership is what they used to have in China, for example. Or Nazi Germany…..

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.