SHOULD IT HAPPEN – SUGGESTIONS FOR REPLACEMENT

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace SHOULD IT HAPPEN – SUGGESTIONS FOR REPLACEMENT

Join the prediction league. Enter before 13/6/24 for free Euro 2024 Prediction League with £25 SUFC voucher prize. Entry fee split between site hosting, prize fund & sponsoring a player. Join here
  • Author
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 65

I will start it:
    Jonathan Greening – Scarborough
    Chris Millington – Halifax Town
    Peter Wild – Barrow

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

Heard Ardley and Crosby mentioned, I would welcome someone who played players in strongest positions, has a Plan B,C, and also reads the game live. ( I know this is a lot to ask for a pub league). Would be happy with Greening or Crosby. It’s the biggest move the board has to make. If it’s Dean it’s wrong. I’m ok if the new guy does not have NLN experience as long as they have experience as a reasonable footballer which would rule Dean out

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 84

I wouldn’t want Crosby as he’ll want a high wage and won’t really know a lot about this level. Greening is a good shout, Culverhouse “if Boston don’t gain promotion”. My top pick though would be Billy Heath who’s currently managing Alfreton.

I’d be happy with any of those 3.

Worryingly According to twitter rumours are Dean has signed an extension. Fucking hope not !

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 73

There are also others saying it won’t be. All rumours right now.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 39

WG have you ever watched Alfreton play?

It’s effective but it’s not what I would call football.

A massive no to Billy Heath for me.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 4

Would we be able to attract managerial talent from “smaller” clubs in the National League? If so then Phil Parkinson has done an incredible job for Altrincham, taken them from the Northern Premier League to the National League playoffs playing exciting, attacking football.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 101

is it fair anyone making any comments when there has been no talk from the club of any change, or are you all already bored, also some already mentioned would be out of our price range anyway

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 52

Billy Heath lol

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 35

Time to get old big hair back. Surely he’s up to this league. A mate of mine who lives in Scotter reckons he sees him at his local boozer from time to time.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 26

is it fair anyone making any comments when there has been no talk from the club of any change, or are you all already bored, also some already mentioned would be out of our price range anyway

You claim to be the man in the know Mick, you tell us.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014

Just a quick reflection on the comment by MK Iron –
    “.. have you ever watched Alfreton play? It’s effective but it’s not what I would call football. A massive no to Billy Heath for me.”
    If you look at the poor part -time players Alfreton have and what they have achieved,it’s remarkable. The number of goals scored,the philosophy of “ getting the ball in the box” at every opportunity ( especially at this level of football) is effective and exiting. Do you think Billy Heath wouldn’t use his style with more subtlety if he came here?He has a great pedigree with North Ferriby and other teams. We all have our opinions and hopefully we get the right man in to replace Jimmy Dean.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 101

I don’t know anything, just saying I haven’t seen or heard anything from the club about the managers situation, and think people are jumping to conclusions

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Quite a lot are just offering opinions mick which is fine but until the board make up their mind one way or tuther then speculation will continue to run rife amongst us all.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant

Time to get old big hair back. Surely he’s up to this league. A mate of mine who lives in Scotter reckons he sees him at his local boozer from time to time.

He was at the Boston game.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 25

He was at the Boston game.

I understand he’s at most (if not all) games.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant

Fair enough, just thought I’d point out that he already gets a lot closer to the club than some blokes random boozer in Scotter.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 39

Ignore what I said about Billy Heath. Better him than old big hair.

Nothing against getting the ball in the box quickly by the way Bill. It’s the constant petty fouling, play acting and time wasting that is a major part of what Alfreton do that I don’t like.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 89

Bumped in to Sergio Aguero at the local garage a few years back. Surely he can manage at this level? And he’s a really nice guy so he ticks most the boxes.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

If it happens or if it doesn’t we need to play we’re going to score one more than you football. No negative one up top rubbish,let’s set our stall out from the off and if Jimmys learnt owt from this season then I would back him but if not he will have to be replaced by ? . The board will decide.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 15

My opinion

Should it happen .. yes

Will it happen .. no

Not sure how it will work contractually but im predicting JD will be given at the very least the first quarter of next season so 10 – 12 games and depending how these pan out take it from there.

The risk is getting off to a bad start attendances dropping like a stone the off loading JD replacing him with someone who will be working with players he hasnt chosen.

Time will tell , not an easy one for the SUFC BovD as im guessing like the fan base some will be split on the issue.

uti

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 25

… the risk is getting off to a bad start attendances dropping like a stone the off loading JD replacing him with someone who will be working with players he hasnt chosen.

You’d have to assume the Board aren’t idiots and will have already thought of this.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 15

… the risk is getting off to a bad start attendances dropping like a stone the off loading JD replacing him with someone who will be working with players he hasnt chosen.

You’d have to assume the Board aren’t idiots and will have already thought of this.

Of course .. but im also of the opinion there will be some Board members hell bent on keeping JD (Mr Elliot for one) so expecting strong lobbying to get it over the line.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 151

Why must we assume the board aren’t idiots, with St Elliott and Ian not so Sharp on there, made idiots of themselves saying they’d bought the club. A board that still employs mussie and if Hilton hadn’t got rid of Daws you know he’d still be here. After the Hilton Era we’re back to continuity from Swanns tenure.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant

If it happens or if it doesn’t we need to play we’re going to score one more than you football. No negative one up top rubbish,let’s set our stall out from the off and if Jimmys learnt owt from this season then I would back him but if not he will have to be replaced by ? . The board will decide.

But has he learned. Judging all the comments the first half we dealt with them, he even said that. Substitutions and the timing of – yet again said same old same old !

He put a team out against a team that earlier in the week had played 120 minutes, he had square pegs in round holes and having played all season with one keeper listed he puts a new recruit on the bench and reduced his replacement options. Where was Pugh or Corbett – that could have been the option that was required.

1 striker at home is a certain NO and criminal in a must win game that could have then boosted the fortunes with a promotion that many thought would never happen again if the club had disappeared.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

The club rely more and more on handouts from sponsors and businesses, as with any business the product has to be appealing, some of the costs on the sponsorship side are quite significant – league two pricing (in fact you can get a box at Notts County for half the price if you so wished) so that is a bit of a gamble and at the minute they have the goodwill but sticking with the same guy will see a drop off in crowds and potentially goodwill. The best opp to secure funding came on Saturday but Dean failed massively, wasn’t even close. Big call.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 35

Fair enough, just thought I’d point out that he already gets a lot closer to the club than some blokes random boozer in Scotter.

Ok, I understand. But seeing as I’m only in touch with a few of my family and old school friends these days. I don’t get to matches because I’m a night worker and that includes weekends. I’m glad that he still maintains some involvement with the club. Because I think he would be great if taking the reins once more.

UTBI

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 8

Greening would be attractive. Kevin Phillips anyone?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

if Jimmys learnt owt from this season

After Saturday there’s surely no doubt that he’s learnt NOWT!

PaulSanfran49
    Participant

So you would think CT. Another name – Kevin Philips recently released by Hartlepool, a surprise to many of their fans.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Released to take up another job? This summers recruiter already selected according to SNOT.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.