Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 76

Here we go!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 146

Here we go! Like the on line singing SST.

DarrynStampGoalMachineDarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Registered On: May 21, 2018
    Topics: 8

Cox said he told the lads the team on Thursday hopefully whoever has failed the test wasn’t in there and the plans haven’t been thrown into chaos.

Not a league game so no big deal at the end of the day but it’d be nice to get off to a winning start.

Hopefully McGahey and Clarke are fit for the league kick off next week.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 61

All wins are important in normal times. But this isn’t ‘normal’ – need to be ready for the 1st league game. That is when the word UNBEATEN has to be the aim.

But best to them for the next 2 games.

waltersleftfootwaltersleftfoot
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6

No Macatee or Mooney in the squad

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 100

It’s not McAtee who has the virus, he must be injured.
    Rowe isn’t there either.

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017

Come on scunny, i have absolutely no idea what to expect but i know PV are a decent side so it will give us an idea of how good or bad we are

Participant

Just said on Humberside McAtee is isolating because he’s been in close contact with whoever failed the test.
    So probably whoever McAtee lives with.

Participant

McAtee self isolating because he was in contact with the player.

Participant

Loft looking decent so far

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Generally, not at all bad considering that ours is a virtually new team and Vale appeared to have a lot more experience.
    There was more fight than we had grown used to.
    Positives for most players but far too many mistakes at LB.
    Really liked Loft. Good goal too.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

Conceded in added time at the end of each half!

Did Russ take training this week?

Participant

I wish someone would coach our lot to score injury time winners, again they scored from a cross but whether Rory could have done better I don’t know, I think our defender might have put him off, but he did play better today.

Nori HouseNori Man
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

Different season, same issues……

Can’t defend, toothless upfront.

Nice to see a bit more endeavour compared to the last competitive game at the SVS.

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017

We were doing ok until loft, colclough and vincent went off, then we barely strung a pass together after that. Its promising but am a little worried about who is going to play alongside Loft. Maybe mooney would suit better but also maybe its him who has covid as he wasnt in the squad today

Participant

Loft looked good but needs a partner.

Vincent looked good.

Colclough looked interested.

Butroid poor on both goals.

Hornshaw looked decent at RB but not a natural hope we’re not trying to force a position into someone again. Was beaten n the air for the first goal but was blatantly climbed on. Rodney did that every time there was an aerial challenge and got away with it.

Watson 3 saves and needed 2 goes at all 3 of them but didn’t push them directly to the opposition this time. Rushed out well a couple of times but the winner was a cross that bounced in the 6 yard box. Butroid lost his man but keeper should deal with that.

catflapcatflap
    Participant
    Registered On: March 10, 2018
    Topics: 0

I would like to see how McAtee plays alongside Loft; that could work well.

Colclough was out of position due to the last minute changes, but needs to be playing wide. I didn’t think he looked that interested, to be honest. Looked a bit grumpy at not having the team set around him. I still have some faith in him, but Eisa is far better so Colclough would probably work best coming on with 15 mins left to dribble past tired full backs.

Butroid was disappointing. Bedeau poor. Cordner was very good and would work well if Onariase is more defensive. Vincent was busy and interesting.

So, when we are full strength it could be a reasonable first team. Nothing that looks promotion challenging, but something far more than I was expecting six months ago. Looking forward to it!

Ex OfficioEx Officio
    Participant
    Registered On: December 28, 2013
    Topics: 2

The 2 Bournemouth lads looked good. Loft looks a real find. Still need a keeper who can marshal a defence and dominate his area. Most disappointing was that for the last 10/15 minutes we wre playing in our half and not their’s – and at home.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 4

Butroid is crap, always has been. We continue the trend of having to score 3 with Watson in goal to stand any chance of winning.

Participant

I hope if Butroid doesn’t improve O’Malley is given a chance.
    It’s be just like us to stick Vincent at LB when he looks a really solid midfielder.

Apologies to Cordner forgot to mention him in my first post also looks a potentially really good player.

Participant

For a first game of a season we had a lot of players missing today which is not very good, I have no idea if Vale were short of any players, so we will have to wait and see whether the missing lads make much difference.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 83

Colclough was pretty much a passenger when playing upfront and went in a mardy before being switched to the wing. Bedeau looked a bit iffy at times, I suspect he’ll make way for McGahey once he’s fit. Cordner keeps that level up and I can’t see him being dislodged that easily.

I’d stick Rowe at RB and O’Malley LB against Lincoln to see how they get one.

Loft looked really good today, really impressed with him but needs an out and out striker up there with him to feed off the scraps. I’d give green a go upfront against Lincoln with Jarvis, duran-Turan or young Mooney alongside him and save loft for the league.

I actually think the best striker in playing style for loft would be Olomola…he’d probably work fine with him, shame he’s out for the next few months.

We need to see what the other strikers offer, against lincoln would be an ideal time to have a look. Eisa needs to be out wide.

Question is though, who get’s dropped ?. Will Gillead make way for Colclough or will Colclough be the one that’s benched ?

Gillead I suppose could play CM but we saw him for spells last season in there and he was too light weight.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

For those of us with cr4p internet unable to support any decent video can we have some player marks from those able to watch please.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

watson 6.0

Butroid 5
    Bedeau 6
    Cordner 7.5
    Hornshaw 6

Eisa 7.5
    Spence 6.0
    Vincent 8
    Gillead 6.5

Loft 7.5
    Colclough when upfront a 4 but while out wide 7

Subs never made any impact really.

adminSST
    Keymaster

I’d stick Rowe at RB

Out for 2/3 weeks through injury

adminSST
    Keymaster

Watson 6

Butroid 5
    Cordner 7
    Bedeau 6
    Hornshaw 6

Gilliead 6
    Spence 6
    Vincent 8
    Eisa 7

Colclough 5
    Loft 8

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I hope Clarke makes his way back pretty sharpish. Would it be worth signing a short team loan player to cover the gap ?

While I stated that I hope Clarke makes his way back sharpish, you also on the other hand rush him back at your peril.

Hornshaw will have to keep plodding on at RB then for the time being. I’d stick O’Malley in at LB though to see how he get’s on.

Who would you go for upfront SST, presuming Loft is rested ?

One thing is for certain, Colclough can’t ever find himself there again. I don’t think Cox would have been too happy with him, he was sulking until he was moved out wide.

I’d like Green and maybe Mooney/Turan to get a shot against Lincoln. Dales will probably get a run out as well.

Any of you know if we have received international clearance yet to play Turan ?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

Hippolyte missing too – was he the player tested positive?

The defending was shocking on both their goals. As commented above, new management team, new squad, new season, but still the same problems.

Many on here have been highlighting the weaknesses at FB during the recess.

Two forwards too many and two full backs too few IMO.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

As well as Hippolyte I’d have expected Mooney and Beestin to have been in the squad.

Participant

Hippolyte said when we signed him he wasn’t match fit.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.