Plan B

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Plan B

• Author
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 24

What happens if we lose the Play Off semi-final? Or if we progress to the final but lose it? How would you take the club forward from there?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 38

I would probably start with a new manager, assistant manager, coach and goalkeeping coach.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

After much thought and planning, which I assume Michelle and the Board are already doing; planning a contingency? She’s not Davey five names after all.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 11

It depends on the manner of the defeat. If it’s an embarrassment then it could be Dean’s last game. If not, then it’s hard to say, as we don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes and how the board feels about Dean and his management. You also have to consider whether anyone more suitable would be available or want to take charge, the current state of club finances, etc. etc. As fans we aren’t privy to all this knowledge, so who knows?

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

They’ll have to figure out how they can keep employing Musselwhite for another 30 years

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 38

Much as I want Jimmy and the gang to be successful he himself has stated it’s promotion or bust.

Given the playing budget and the differences in quality of our squad relative to the level I think this is fair enough.

Not suggesting he would deserve to be sacked but surely he wouldn’t be offered a new contract.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 52

Agreed MK, the amount we’ve spent there’s no other option but to let Jimmy go if we do fail.

Whatever league we are in, I’d imagine the budget is going to be cut. However, The early indicators suggest the club is very much heading in the right direction off the field and I hope we continue to push for community engagement and build the fan base up.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

18 OOC?
    Reduced offers aplenty.
    NLN or NL.
    Who is it essential that we keep?

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 97

I don’t think promotion is a necessity for the club but it is for Dean: personally, I wouldn’t retain him after this summer but other opinions are available.

Either way, Saturday could be the final game that a lot of these players play for SUFC.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 64

Promotion is good. It helps in the marketing of the club for the board and the promotions teams in the back office.

As far as we know we think 18 are OOC, perhaps some deals have been done but not announced. The budget has to be less because the board need to reverse outgoings to protect the club. In the coaching side I would consider only Andy Butler to remain. If we are having a new manager then they must be involved in recruitment so I wonder if an appointment has already been made who has suggested who stays and who could be recruited.

Certainly there will be buzz from this seasons final whistle. Best to all Supporters.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

I wonder if an appointment has already been made who has suggested who stays and who could be recruited.

One has!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 150

The one we will be impressed by, but you did imply that the one who did the recruiting wouldn’t be the manager. Or were you covering all eventualitys.

Participant

The one we will be impressed by, but you did imply that the one who did the recruiting wouldn’t be the manager. Or were you covering all eventualitys.

I’m impressed, others will be.
    You obviously won’t but then you’re confusing me with someone who gives a shit whether you are or not…… you’re insignificant!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I’m an acquired taste.Snot, if you don’t like me, aquire some taste.
    Once you take the head out your a***. Is the recruiter going to be the new manager or not.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Once you take the head out your a***. Is the recruiter going to be the new manager or not.

Old big hair incoming?? Steve Guinan is doing well for himself these days

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

Why do you care if you believe snot’s lying? Or are you bluffing?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

All i want is a name Deerey. I believe if you’ve got something to say just say it not all this cryptic bollocks.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 23

It’s Andy Butler, even i could have figured that out.

Participant

It’s Andy Butler, even i could have figured that out.

Then you would be wrong.

PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

Would it be one of our greatest ever central defenders who was an incredible penalty taker?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Would it be one of our greatest ever central defenders who was an incredible penalty taker?

Well he was at the Kings Lynn game along with Russ Wilcox, Neil Cox and Brian Laws so……

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Topics: 35

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Topics: 5

Crozzer is a legend … and available

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Crozzer is a legend … and available

Watched the Iron since 1964 and Crozzer is one of the best centre backs I ever saw pull on an Iron shirt, watching him lead out the team with that broken nose and contemptuous look on his face was enough to scare me never mind the opposition. What a great leader and motivator he was for us.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

All well and good but zilch experience in non league. Not for me being there done that and other than wilcox it failed miserabley and even with wilcox most didn’t enjoy it.

Participant

Interesting that you’ve all misread what I’ve stated.
    I stated that “the current manager would not be responsible for player recruitment next season”
    I didn’t anywhere state that the current manager wouldn’t be here next season although I would personally prefer he wasn’t.
    All depends on the (hopefully) next two games as to whether he is or not.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I can’t think of all that many players who could have kept Crozzer out of the side.
    Frank Burrows – definitely.
    Keith Burkinshaw?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

“There will be a new manger in place for next season” (Flourishing loanees March 23rd) SNOT, maybe not lying like Turkey gate. But please keep up with what you’ve posted it just makes you look utterly stupid and fake. As if I didn’t know that already lol.

Participant

It was wishful thinking on my part, although I wouldn’t discount it happening.
    I do find it highly amusing that you spend time trawling through the forum though, you’re obsessed with me, it would be frightening if it wasn’t so amusing.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 23

Something to say LK or did you forget?

I can’t think of all that many players who could have kept Crozzer out of the side.
    Frank Burrows – definitely.
    Keith Burkinshaw?

Elliott and Hope far better as shown when they moved up the leagues.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.