Park and walk

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Park and walk

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 150

Another classic. Heard of Park and ride but park and walk.Book early. Only Donny road hill to contend with and about a mile to the nearest council car park.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 38

Rarely go into Scunthorpe at weekends except to watch football but is parking not always free at weekends in town?

Hardly a solution to the chaos the road closures will cause. Presenting it as something agreed by the club and the council when it’s available every weekend and evening is a bit disingenuous.

Might help the 1500 Boston fans to know this though.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Did anyone think of asking the National League and Boston if the game could have been moved to Monday night?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 395

I walk that distance every game.I see no issue

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 23

Same, always walked to GP from the Town centre unless i got a lift. When i get to the top of the hill it’s a good excuse to go for a pint.

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious
    Participant
    Registered On: August 6, 2023
    Topics: 0

How impressive! Let’s forget about the actual topic and give you a standing ovation for your heroic athletic endeavors. Truly,the world revolves around you and your every step, How unusual for you to make the post about you.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant

There are a fairly large number of fans who will have a problem getting into the town – and not just the 1500 from Boston.

Not to mention getting back out and home again. However, now we know Fans is OK we can stop worrying over nothing.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

So are they advising both sets of fans to walk down from town together?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Walking back together might be even more problematic Ironawe.

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 49

The M181 is going to be very busy both ways, all M180 traffic is being directed there.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 9

What could possibly go wrong….?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Boston website just has a link to the park and walk page on our site.

Too late to direct Boston fans to John Leggat and Kingsway with Iron fans to town car parks and Donny Road?

For 98% of fans of both clubs this will not be an issue but 2% of 8,000 is a fair few dickheads.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

What TJO said. Just takes one idiot to snatch a pennant petulantly…on the plus side, Herbert won’t be there.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Maybe the club think we still play at the old showground. Very patronizing telling the people of Scunthorpe where the car parks are.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

You’d have complained they were being presumptuous if they hadn’t.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Maybe the club think we still play at the old showground. Very patronizing telling the people of Scunthorpe where the car parks are.

Many supporters don’t live near Scunthorpe. It’s a good few years since I’ve been in to town, so I have no idea where you can park.

They are trying to help people. As Deerey said, you’d have complained if they hadn’t said anything.

fans6464

I doubt there’ll be an issue due to M180 and I think that the Scotter road closure will alleviate problems at the roundabout ,it takes a huge amount of traffic out of the equation, I’d say more than a quarter .Force everybody left out of GP then onto the m181 or whatever it’s called, the sensible from Ashby etc will head for Mortle Ash and towniest will come back from the roundabout to the orbital .I’d ask a copper to block the exit from gunness straight to Tesco too for half an hour at final whistle.I’d also force everyone from Tesco and M and S estate to Berkley roundabout to allow constant flow from GP.I’d say most Boston fans will come down the motorway and get off on Gunness straight ,it’s up to Iron fans to use the bus or walk

fans6464

How impressive! Let’s forget about the actual topic and give you a standing ovation for your heroic athletic endeavors. Truly,the world revolves around you and your every step, How unusual for you to make the post about you.

It’s a sad indictment that you feel walking worthy of a medal ,how unusual for you to still bear grudges , my comment was on topic ironically your’s wasn’t ,oddball

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If your coming to the match Iron+2 avoid the suggested car parks use the Berkely estate, Warren lodge pub or the skippindale retail park less distance and all on flat as a fart ground.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 23

It’s a sad indictment that you feel walking worthy of a medal ,how unusual for you to still bear grudges , my comment was on topic ironically your’s wasn’t ,oddball

Nothing wrong with challening your inner Moody 64, the man can do no wrong.

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious
    Participant
    Registered On: August 6, 2023
    Topics: 0

Ah, maneuvering through that minefield of misplaced commas and spaces is quite the adventure, isn’t it? It appears we’re both oddballs in our own unique ways. Here’s to keeping the sarcasm flowing and the oddities of life in check! And thank you for the delightful resort to name-calling—what a charming addition to our banter!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 15

Sounds to me like its gonna be chaos due to these road closures, as mentioned earlier for 99% of fans it will be fine alas the 1% of testosterone bubbling drunks from both sides can and probably will cause issiues (especially after final whistle) if fans are allowed to mix openly on a trudge back to their cars.
    Could well see the Boston fans being held back which may cause more irritation depending on the final score.
    Many moons ago i lived in Gunness and walked down the A18 for home games at GP .. before that thumbed it into to town early morning for a few beers before games at TOSG…nowadays i would use my helicopter !!

Seems odd having the band on so late with the club advising fans to go in the ground early The Dominos should be on 12 noon IMO.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.