Nutella

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Nutella

• Author
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 69

Is it just me? or has anybody else spotted that this player is completely and utterly lacking in any basic football skills or abilities?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

The worrying thing is that for several years we are continually replacing players and every player is worse than the previous, this means that people see previous players in a better light when really they were crap but we somehow unearth worse footballers.
    43 players used this season (nearly 4 full teams – FGR used 19) and each time the quality drops slightly. Nuthall is an example among many. None of this squad is any good, none.

Samways1samways1
    Participant
    Registered On: August 9, 2015
    Topics: 13

A pot of Nutella would arguably do more.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    methmeth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 28, 2013
    Topics: 11

Ryan Loft and potentially staying up or Joe Nutall for free and 60k in my back pocket. I know which one I would have chosen.

Just another example of asset stripping.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Some players only play well when surrounded by good players.

Others can do the bare essentials but never add a spark of excitement – the continuity players.

We desperately need four or five players with a bit of class, capable of lifting those about them – to bring the best out of them.

Catalyst players are similar. They may not be the greatest but do read games well and show others how to … The Bishops of this world.

Why are so many Iron players better when they leave the SVS? – Please read above.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

“Why are so many Iron players better when they leave the SVS? – Please read above.”

They are also better before they arrive, not all, but many, have looked good signings based on their previous career. It’s what happens to them when they’re here that’s the mystery. Can’t be the manager as it’s been exactly the same under the last half dozen or more. How many years since we improved a player?

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 100

I think if you put a fit Nuttall in a decent team he would look better, the biggest loss was Hippolyte who is playing well for Stockport.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 100

I think what sums us up was bringing a lad back from a loan at Cleethorpes Town when you have better players on the bench, I like the idea of giving the kids a chance but yesterday there was too many playing, they have promise but none of them are ready yet for league football, and I hope we are not thinking of playing a u21 team in the National League next season because we will be carrying on from where we left off.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 150

Do you mean the Ryan loft that has failed to find the back of the net for Bristol, probably the best bit of business we’ve done this season.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

Watching Chester at Gateshead yesterday. Depleted squad due to injuries but James Horsefield was still an unused sub.

Aye, we’ve signed some real quality of late!

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Your right mistertonmick regarding playing an under 21 team in the National League. Hill says he is developing the youth but bringing so many on yesterday as substitutes in my opinion he could be ruining their future in football. You can see some are not strong enough yet to compete in league football. Hill said yesterday he had a good relationship with the SWANNS, another yes man who has done exacty what SWANN wanted. Hill never tried to win the last several home games, he was more obsessed with playing Cribb, a first year scholar znd left more experienced players on the bench. If Hill had anything about him he wouldn’t have let Hyppolyte go, that was a great surprise to me. Let’s face it Hill’s signings have been terrible. For me Delaney is the only decent player we have and I can’t see him being here next season.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

NLI we have been through this, Hill would know that Loft and Hippo were leaving because it made good business sense and anyway he would not have a say as the Chairman wanted money in for players that would be free come May. Delaney is on loan so will only be here next season if a deal is done in the summer with Morecambe, unless he gets released of course and decides to join us on a free.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

“Do you mean the Ryan loft that has failed to find the back of the net for Bristol, probably the best bit of business we’ve done this season”.

Exactly. Might be your best post ever!!!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 150

Not quite right Ironawe, Hill said about the transfer of hippo, “it’s a great opportunity for Myles, but it gives me the opportunity to get in the players I want to get in and having assessed the squad I think it was the right decision for everybody, including Myles” and he did leave on a free transfer. It was 19 games to go when Hill offloaded him late in the transfer window so hill was obviously targeting Nuttella and pykey even though hippo had started to play really well for him. Bet Myles is rubbing his hands with glee.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

and Delaney?

IronmasterIronmaster
    Participant
    Registered On: June 19, 2020
    Topics: 2

Complete donkey, bag of carrots on order.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

NLI rates him, all about opinions.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Yes I do rate Delaney. I definitely don’t rate playing Gallimore as a centre back nor Rowe. I think Gallimore is more of a centre midfield youngster and may be good enough for the future. Yes Rowe gives
    100% every match but we need a more physical and bigger centreback to play alongside Delaney. I’m not sure that George Taft is good enough, maybe only for the subs bench. I would have Thomson and Rowe as fullbacks. I also think we need a bigger more physically stronger keeper too. Yes Rory Watson has improved but I don’t feel he commands his box well enough and is too easily pushed away be attackers when the ball is coming into our box particularly from corners. But I know it’s all about opinions and some of you may disagree.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 38

Taft has been poor ever since we gave him a deal after an impressive loan spell. It speaks volumes that a teenage midfield player is keeping him out of the team.

Gallimore and/or Rowe can carry on for me. At least they might be here next season and both show some desire.

O’Malley is better than Thompson for me. Neither are yet great defensively but O’Malley offers more going forward and seems to be the only player at the club able to deliver a decent dead ball.

Have been supportive of Watson this season and he has definitely improved but agree a change would probably benefit both parties. His time at the club has coincided with 4 seasons of having a very poor team in front of him so there is now a lot of negative baggage.

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.