Loft

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Loft

• Author
    premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 27

He’s 6ft 3 in and hardly won a header today and missed a sitter from 6yards,absolute rubbish.I reckon you can see better strikers in local football

johnboyj charles
    Participant
    Registered On: January 5, 2014
    Topics: 8

Ryan loft and footballer in the same sentence, laughable,

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 85

I think you’re being a bit harsh, he was only 50/50 to play today. With the lack of alternatives available it’s possible he played less than 100% fit.

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

Maybe a bit harsh but a fresh air shot from 2 yards with no players around u. That is not fitness that is lack of ability.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

Loft and Cordner – definitely should not be professional footballers!

Nothing to do with age and experience, completely lacking in basic skills for the positions they were playing in.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 82

Loft would be ok as a squad player or as a foil for say Van Veen but to lump all the pressure on him as the primary striker is stupid.

I will however say that miss was most likely one of the worst I’ve seen.

Swann’s caused this by signing Mooney, Jarvis and Turan. This is what happens when your chairman fancies himself as a player recruiter.

If we survive this season he needs to move on. I’m not expecting anybody to come in who’s awash with money but a chairman who actually acts as a chairman would be enough for me.

Swann’s meddling is what’s brought this about.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 63

I will however say that miss was most likely one of the worst I’ve seen.

I remember Graham Rusling putting one over the bar from inside the six yard box with an open goal in front of him!

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

The lad that Stevenage brought on that scored their third showed how to play as a lone striker, he controlled the ball and held off three of our players before moving the ball at least three times.

For his goal he never gave up pressured cordner knowing he is prone to a mistake and profited with a goal, mr cox should show our strikers his 20 or so minutes on the pitch as an example of how a strikers plays.

The Stevenage radio reporters were saying what a big side we are but did mr loft at 6’ 4” actually win a header? And his first touch is awful meaning he is already facing our goal two yards closer then when received the pass.

Having been at Tottenham and Leicester he is clearly no mug but someone needs to get hold of him ASAP before he drifts away as he has at times showed he can be a decent striker.

HeathHeath
    Participant

“Loft would be ok as a squad player or as a foil for say Van Veen”.

No he wouldn’t! He has been in professional football since 2015 and is 23, yet you can hear Cox shouting and telling him what to do throughout the match.

He is nowhere near being OK!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I said ok, not good and certainly not brilliant. Ok as in, he’d be half decent if he simply played as a foil doing all the donkey work for a more talented player “van veen” or came off the bench once in a while, apart from that though he’s not worth much more.

I think that’s a pretty fair assessment.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 96

Generally, I’ve not had a huge problem with his finishing, the bigger issue has been his first touch and his passing. He simply cannot control the ball or find a team-mate. Second touch is usually a throw-in!

HeathHeath
    Participant

“I said ok”

So you did and no he isn’t. The long balls would still be aimed at him. Having Van Veen alongside would make no difference to his basic lack of ability to control the ball and lay it off to another player (on his team).

HeathHeath
    Participant

56 league games and 7 goals is not a glowing reference for his finishing. The bigger issue is he hardly ever seems to be in a threatening position to get on the end of some decent crosses into the box.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I do not reasonably expect that we can sign a goal-scorer in January.
    Surely, we can sign somebody capable of holding up the ball when it goes forward.
    Every team we face seems to possess a minimum of one such in their starting line-up. They can’t be all that expensive.
    I was calling for 4 players in. I’ll now settle for one holder upper and a CB. (Nightingale?)

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 76

Cox is trying to bring in another big and nasty but not sure he will be able to. He has one in mind.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 63

We need someone who will bust a gut to get on the end of balls. Who will use a bit of pace and nous to nip in in front of a defender.

He doesn’t have to be big and nasty, just up for it. We may even have such a person on our books.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

So you did and no he isn’t

Well I think he is, so we’ll end it there.

“We may even have such a person on our books”

Step forward Mr Turan ? lol

HeathHeath
    Participant

Fair enough, we will have to disagree, though to be clear the “other person on the books” was not my comment. Turan has a worse record than Loft.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.