Grimsby Match Thread

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Grimsby Match Thread

• Author
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 61

Mr Cox’s post match comments baffling yet again.

Talks about ‘No Passion’ from the players – matched his tone in the interview.
    Highlight for me was that he wasn’t single anyone out then named BEDEAU, EISA and LOFT !!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 38

When you play one of the poorest teams in the division and you allow their goalkeeper a day off then the problems are much deeper than 2 or 3 players not showing passion.

Thought Bedeau was OK by the way. Eisa and Loft might as well have stayed on the bus.

waltersleftfootwaltersleftfoot
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6

There are plenty of reasonable free agents out there league 2 journeymen if you like,but would they want to come here,Paul Taylor ex Donny striker,he was without a club,good at this level but we certainly need something in most areas of the team,Eisa is not interested,Loft is no footballer or Jarvis,they need shifting,Gilleiad even he has gone backwards,doesn’t run at or commit people like he used to,Swan has a lot to answer for,like many on here supported the Iron 60 years,and these are the worded set of so called players we have ever assembled I fear for my club

MightyIronMightyIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 0

I find it remarkable that players can talk about what a local derby means to the club and fans in pre-match interviews and then go out and put in a performance like that…shocking.

I have no idea how they keep a straight face.

DarrynStampGoalMachineDarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Registered On: May 21, 2018
    Topics: 8

If Eisa signs the new deal that’s been offered and somebody comes in a with a decent fee, I’d be tempted to take it if we have some one good enough already lined up.

According to Eisa no contract has been offered to him. He was asked on humberside pre game yesterday.

Mike White then asked him if he was interested in staying after the end of the season and he may as well have flat out said “No I’ll be on my way”

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

At 3 o clock yesterday Eisa didn’t look much interested at staying with the Iron until 5.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 63

just look at the past 20 players brought into the club, andname one that is of any use!!!,

Onariase and Spence in summer and Beestin last January.

But I get your drift. The poor ones pretty much cancel the decent ones out.

The worst thing is that we have not signed anyone we can call a leader. KvV apart we have no one who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn it around.

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

Took you a long time for you to understand how relegation works there alcy, it’s the same in all leagues the worst over a season get relegated,well figured out.

So the club stooge turns up and, as usual, entirely misses the point.
    Where’s that emoji with the eye roll?

vadervader
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017

Mr Cox’s post match comments baffling yet again.

Talks about ‘No Passion’ from the players – matched his tone in the interview.
    Highlight for me was that he wasn’t single anyone out then named BEDEAU, EISA and LOFT !!

I think the players have issues with Cox and won’t play for him, in other words he’s lost the dressing room, that’s if he had it.

I’m surprised at Lillis, he doesn’t seem to bring anything to the party.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 141

So he didn’t say he”d on his way then I take it,maybe pushing for a better deal, would be nice to see us keep one of our better players. His a big enough player to be demanding a better squad before he signs?.

DarrynStampGoalMachineDarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Registered On: May 21, 2018
    Topics: 8

He didn’t literally say those words no but the meaning was pretty obvious. Listen to it if you like that’s better than me trying to explain it but it certainly didn’t sound like angling for a better deal.

He said he wasn’t looking to leave in Jan as he didn’t want to be perceived a disloyal and wanted to “help the team till the end of the season”

He very much sounded like he didn’t want to be here any longer than he had to be.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Sounded to me like he knows exactly where he is going in the summer and his package is better than the Iron could ever match.

Also letting us know he is not going to allow us to squirrel him out for a few quid in January and will be hiding that behind the loyalty card.

Don’t blame the guy but it would be nice if he gave us a few more consistent performances before he swans off (no pun intended).

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 27

I think some comments on here about Eisa are unfair because the way any opposition gets their game plan together they see Eisa as the only threat therefore they make sure that they have at least two players marking him.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 82

All they’ve been doing is showing Eisa on the outside and see as he’s largely a one trick pony and keeps cutting inside..they have that space covered.

Eisa would only have to run full pelt around his fullback on the outside to bypass them but never does.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

He didn’t literally say those words no but the meaning was pretty obvious. Listen to it if you like that’s better than me trying to explain it but it certainly didn’t sound like angling for a better deal.

He said he wasn’t looking to leave in Jan as he didn’t want to be perceived a disloyal and wanted to “help the team till the end of the season”

He very much sounded like he didn’t want to be here any longer than he had to be.

You’re right…said in so many words that he’s off come the end of the season. I didn’t catch the interview but when it said on the radio that we were close with two of the younger players, I assumed one was Eisa because I caught the tail end of it.

The two youngsters must be Rowe and O’Malley then that we’re trying to tie down.

I’d stick him up for sale in January in a bid to get something for him….he’s probably already gone in his own mind anyway.

Maybe make it a 2 for 1 deal and throw Hippolyte in as well ?

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 27

Buy one hey one free

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 50

Novak and Sutton netting against the codheads tonight.

A small consolation

ironrich1ironrich1
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2015
    Topics: 3

Novak with an overhead kick by all accounts!!

ironrich1ironrich1
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2015
    Topics: 3

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 141

Would liked to have kept Sutton here. But a define no to Novak.

vadervader
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017

Shows just how bad we were on Saturday.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Worst we’ve played for quite a while, we were worse than non league. Grimsby weren’t much better.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

Reading the reports on the local Derby both teams were very poor. It’s funny that when you read the Mariners section of the telegraph the Grimsby players marks are quite good, rose tinted specs maybe ?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 85

More like very dark glasses! This is a Holloway quote from the Telegraph:-

“We got the result, and it was a good performance as well, so double delight from a really desperate situation,” Holloway said.

Were we watching the same game? If that’s the kind of “good” performance he’s hoping for then they’re in trouble, they don’t play us every week.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

Maybe that’s why he’s decided to take his ball home and quit this morning!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.