Grayson Giles

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Grayson Giles

Join the prediction league. Enter before 13/6/24 for free Euro 2024 Prediction League with £25 SUFC voucher prize. Entry fee split between site hosting, prize fund & sponsoring a player. Join here
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Has left us.
    Apparently he’s just signed an Apprenticeship with Grimsby.
    Just read that he’s scored around 200 goals in something like his last 60 games.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Its gone under the radar this one we have given him 2 years .

Anyone have any info on him ?
    Is he a decent prospect ?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

If he’s banging in (on average) 3 goals plus a game then he must have something about him?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Its gone under the radar this one we have given him 2 years .

Anyone have any info on him ?
    Is he a decent prospect ?

He’ll be lost without his old team mate Mr Cholmondley-Warner.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 92

Has left us.
    Just read that he’s scored around 200 goals in something like his last 60 games.

Playing for who?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Has left us.

Playing for who?

He was one of ours.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Yes but where? U12s, U14s, U16s or Crosby Colts on a Sunday. Never mentioned in U18s.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 151

Just turned 16. Makes Hilton’s decision to do away with the academy look better if we can’t hold onto the under 16s.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Yes but where? U12s, U14s, U16s or Crosby Colts on a Sunday. Never mentioned in U18s.

At U16 this season.
    Left because of the EFL funding curtailment and what were back then rumours about closure at the end of this season – I guess?
    Two year Apprenticeship with GTFC.
    Good luck to the lad.
    I hope he makes it and makes their first team and goes on to smash in loads of goals.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Good at 16 gone at 18, it’s a familiar story for the majority of young players in the pro game. He has a long long road in front of him like all the rest

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Says on academy web page not featured in the squad this season?.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

Yeah I wasnt sure of the level ,but he must have played at least one academy game as he bagged a treble against us in November ,left you in January and signed for us a few weeks ago .

Like you say time will tell its very rare these kids break through ,so to some extent i get what Hilton says about the academy.

But on the flip side we have Clifton who has become a superb player and could move for 1mil+ in the summer with quite a few big clubs interested .

2 users thanked author for this post.
    RichgyRichgy
    Participant

Just turned 16. Makes Hilton’s decision to do away with the academy look better if we can’t hold onto the under 16s.

Might be that he knew you was closing yours though and thats the only reason he left -suppose a 2 year contract at 16 is a decent amount of time to see if he can make the grade . People saying we are in for another one on the fishies (not sure how reliable ) – that we are in for Shrimpton ,is he any good ?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Depends whether you ask me or Wonder Goals!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

He may have thought the club was closing down he left early January before the take over, any illegal approaches made for him by the cods Richgy? After all cods are slippery creatures.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Might be that he knew you was closing yours though and thats the only reason he left -suppose a 2 year contract at 16 is a decent amount of time to see if he can make the grade . People saying we are in for another one on the fishies (not sure how reliable ) – that we are in for Shrimpton ,is he any good ?

Guessing it’s a younger brother or cousin of Finn?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

He may have thought the club was closing down he left early January before the take over, any illegal approaches made for him by the cods Richgy? After all cods are slippery creatures.

I am sure that doesnt go on at any level (not)
    In reality if he was a potential superstar he would have been snapped up by a prem/champ academy , the hope will be he’s a half decent prospect who could come on and hopefully be a decent player , as with any young player though the odds are stacked against him .

We had another couple of good ones over the last few seasons -Grist who signed for Leicester and Pollock who signed for Watford both who we managed to get fees for but only played for the first team briefly -anyone with decent potential is hoovered up quickly ; i suppose the key is getting the ones that arent too good but quite good who you can at least kerp for a minimal amount of time and get a fee for .

With your chairmans ‘idea’ i sort of get it but do not understand how prime released academy players would drop so far dowm ,the good ones can surely get deals higher up -wait and see i guess .

On another note -John Mcatee is now out of favour with the fans and Fishy i dont think they like it he’s getting a bit of a sulk on sometimes ,will be interesting when he goes to Luton to see what happens as he has not shone in league 2 .I can see him being back on loan at a league 2 club next season (not us )

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

History im afraid what you all do

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Mcatee sulking whatever next at least he got you promoted, God knows what he’ll be like without is mate hursty next season.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Wonder if McAtee helps Luton get promoted next season then goes on the bus tour round Luton singing ” who the f*** are Grimsby”?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 84

That’s McAtee’s problem unfortunately, no doubt he has a lot of ability but got the impression he thinks he’s better than he is. I think that’s where complacency comes in to play where he’s concerned.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

Wonder if McAtee helps Luton get promoted next season then goes on the bus tour round Luton singing ” who the f*** are Grimsby”?

Ha ha he wont be doing that mate ,they might have already gone up -he wouldnt touch their first team , i have seen them play a few times got 4 strikers who are better than him and Cameron Jerome whos useful still he might be 6th choice at best ,cant see it though -maybe Lincoln or a Manchester based club on loan potentially Salford as thats where he is from and they will pay .

He has fallen relatively out of favour with Hurst now ,doesnt play every week

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

He has the ability to go higher but i suspect if he doesnt improve his attitude/consistency he wont go higher than league 1 .

He was too good for the National though tbf .Suprised how that Lansgstaff has bagged so many making the step up ,some achievment that tbf

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 15

Yes half decent player when used correctly (jd???) .. should fit in well at the cods with a name like SHRIMPton.

I wish all the youngsters who leave the club well and regardless where they go hope they progress.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.