Forest Green Matchday thread

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Forest Green Matchday thread

• Author
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 100

Matt must have forgot, I can see negative tactics again because Neil says they are a attacking team and have plenty of shots, so fear the worst, just hope he puts his strongest side out in their best positions, not square pegs in round holes again.

DarrynStampGoalMachineDarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Registered On: May 21, 2018
    Topics: 8

Predicting 5-4-1 unfortunately

Watson

Hornshaw
    Onarise
    Cordner
    Bedeau
    Vincent

Gillead
    Spence
    Taylor
    Hippolyte

Loft

Set up to worry about them and 0 lessons learned from previous weeks.

Another toothless defeat but I’ll pay my tenner and hope to be surprised.

Nori HouseNori Man
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

Carlisle win was unplanned & unexpected as nobody imagined Watson having the game of his life.

Managed relegation back on track today with another defeat.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

The idea that any chairman would spend money on up to 30 players, manager and staff to achieve relegation from League 2 is just stupid!!

Participant

Not sure what Jarvis is showing in training to get a start?

Worst player on the pitch v Man City’s children in an awful team performance.

waltersleftfootwaltersleftfoot
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6

Penalty????

Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

and yet again team imposes on us. Cox believes in 442 but just wont play it. Easy sub to make Spence off McAtee on. Let them worry about us.

Nori HouseNori Man
    Participant

It’s about the quality of singings, not the number….

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

we’re being outclassed all over the pitch. Taylor must be wondering what he’s done wrong to end up here.

All of the Prawn’s signings are turning out poor performances on a regular basis. Surprising that!

Participant

Men against boys,far superior FGS get some players in the box

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant

It is not too soon to change the manager.

We need experience.

Participant

This really is so poor.

Clueless, impotent and disinterested.

No tactics and no motivation.

Nobody moves off the ball except Gillead, nobody makes any effort to get forward.

Out played and out fought. One team wants to win and the other isn’t bothered.

Participant

Relegation fodder,woeful

Participant

Not going to hold out much hope as he’s learned nothing so far but I hope Cox watched this and realised what can happen when you play a striker who’s bigger and stronger than the cb’s he’s up against and you actually bother to put some crosses into the box.

Nori HouseNori Man
    Participant

Tried to fool us today by going in front early, before then giving up.

Plenty of players, no quality, tactically inept, lacking leadership.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 20

Shocking, truly shocking!!!

Started brightly, then once FGR scored we crumbled. I fear it’s gonna be a long and difficult season ahead…

Ironmatt84Matty
    Participant
    Topics: 10

Bloody waste of space. That’s what you get with a team full of kids, no leaders on the pitch and stupid formations. Not surprised just disappointed yet again.

vadervader
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017

Absolutely shocking.
    Players not good enough compounded by another clueless manager.
    Even at this early stage really worried we are heading for relegation.

We’ve been crap since George stopped doing the summarising.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Onariase?
    Is he fit? Even if not totally match fit, surely we would not have conceded so many awful goals.

Surprised how quickly Taylor’s game has deteriorated. I struggled to give him a 5.

The usual great start until the opposition suss us out and turn the screw.

I agree with Mike and Tom – this was a very good FG side. We aren’t equipped to deal with such ability and organisation in Division 4.

Playing loadsa youngsters – they have to learn and adjust. I’m rather hoping that we take plenty of points off the other weaker sides.

Participant

FG were good but we let them be good by standing off, being weak and passive. First 10 mins we pressured and they made mistakes they really looked like we might be able to make them fall apart. Then we conceded and gave up.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

The warning signs were there when we signed a bunch of forwards who’d barely scored any league goals and had no known full backs.

I hope Oniarise isn’t yet match fit, because I don’t know how he is being kept out by Bedeau and Cordner.

Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

overall we were poor but after the subs slowly we started to become attack minded. We even had a fullback over lap and get a cross in. Tricky bit is Cox now has to stick with the attack focus he talked about.

scunnymatt88scunnymatt88
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2017
    Topics: 1

I have said it before its swanny whos destroying our football club. The clown clearly thinks you can cut corners in these leagues and we are getting found out consistantly…cox is just another string puppet who is going to do as he’s told. Shambles from front to back and the veg munchers were taking the piss enjoying the day out. Embarrassing once again!

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant

I have said it before its swanny whos destroying our football club. The clown clearly thinks you can cut corners in these leagues and we are getting found out consistantly…cox is just another string puppet who is going to do as he’s told. Shambles from front to back and the veg munchers were taking the piss enjoying the day out. Embarrassing once again!

What do you know that we don’t? Do you have any proof at all that Swann is involved in team selection and/or tactics?

Thought not…..

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 86

I agree with Mike and Tom – this was a very good FG side. We aren’t equipped to deal with such ability and organisation in Division 4.
    I’m rather hoping that we take plenty of points off the other weaker sides.

Is it a coincidence that almost every team we play look like top 3 material. Where have you spotted these other weaker sides les. Crawley were probably the worst team we’ve played so far, are there any weaker than them? Hard to see where our next win (or point) is coming from.

tonkatonka
    Participant
    Topics: 9

The saying MEN against boys has never rung so true,get some experience in there or I think we ate looking at another relegation, give me thrid from bottom now with the way we are playing and I would take it now!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’m rather hoping that we take plenty of points off the other weaker sides.

Is it a coincidence that almost every team we play look like top 3 material. Where have you spotted these other weaker sides les. Crawley were probably the worst team we’ve played so far, are there any weaker than them? Hard to see where our next win (or point) is coming from.

Don’t agree. None of the sides before today looked like promotion contenders to me, but Forest Green did look very good. Well organised, clinical, great on the ball and controlled the midfield. Whereas we looked like a disorganised mess coming forwards. By the time we’d figured what we needed to do they had already got into position to nullify our attack.

johnboyj charles
    Participant
    Registered On: January 5, 2014

Who on earth told Bedeu he was a footballer, absolutely useless again today. Got to be the worse defender ever to pull on that shirt.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 37

We’ve got no evidence Swann interferes with the football management and I doubt we’ll ever know; what we do know is that McAll, Cox, and Hirst (maybe more) all stated 442 in the press but ended up playing the 352 which never worked and we also know that we have a whole heap of players that the Chairman bought without a manager in place, most of these players are turning in really poor performances on a regular basis. We also know the Charimam said these players are exciting….. I’ve seen more exciting knitting patterns

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Well, Cass. I had not rated any of the League Two sides this season – until today.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.