Fan action needed?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Fan action needed?

• Author
    JohnGaylesNuttingKitJohnGaylesNuttingKit
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 9

Surely we are now at the point where we need to be seriously considering making our voices heard in other ways rather than online – can’t imagine Peter will be offering fans another forum anytime soon.

This club is literally on the brink of non-league, and just like many before us we would be lucky to come back up. The stadium issue worries me more than it is others by the sounds of it, and it feels like the life is slowly being squeezed out of this club. Smaller budgets, new managers every season and major question marks over who does the recruitment and how it is done. Worst being that our Chairman will not admit he is wrong and he has made massive mistakes.

What a mess.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 63

Well Southend fans have been out voicing their displeasure….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-56874077

Sound familiar?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 141

The players and the manager will be at the ground training on Thursday Friday come out between 10,30 and 11 if anyone wants to have words with Cox Lillis and the players.

DarrynStampGoalMachineDarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Registered On: May 21, 2018
    Topics: 8

The players and the manager will be at the ground training on Thursday Friday come out between 10,30 and 11 if anyone wants to have words with Cox Lillis and the players.

Half an hours training 2 days a week? That explains it!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 96

Players & manager should be left out of any protest in my opinion.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Totally agree Ferrite, how could it the players and managers fault were playing so suite?.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 19

Forget ‘fan action’ we need the players to actually do some action and start f*7king trying a little harder!!!

BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Totally agree Ferrite, how could it the players and managers fault were playing so suite?.

Translation?

CharliesWetSpongeCharlies Wet Sponge
    Participant
    Registered On: September 14, 2014
    Topics: 0

Making an invitation like that you must be a club official.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Sorry BG, shite not suite.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

I completely agree, but we have to be realistic and pragmatic about what we can do about things. Moaning and groaning might make people feel better but in reality will achieve nothing.

Swann isn’t going anywhere, in which case we have to do whatever we can to hold him to account while he’s in charge. Protests are all fine but not everyone can get involved or necessarily wants to do so.

What we can do is let the media know how we feel and the most organised and best way to do this will be by releasing the results of the poll carried out on this board. The numbers who have voted make this a statistically significant sample and the fact it’s from the supporter base makes it highly representative. Whatever Swann might try to do to rubbish the findings the fact is he would not be able to do so with any validity.

As things stand only 13% of fans currently support Peter Swann as chairman, 63% do not support him and 24% are undecided. These are damning numbers.

In addition, almost half of our fans (47%) say they will not be returning to watch the club when restrictions are lifted. Given the importance of attendances for lower league clubs these are worrying numbers for any chairman, even if they claim otherwise.

I suggest that SST releases these percentages to the local media, including Humberside. They are factual and conclusive. I also suggest that the poll be repeated, say, every three months from now on as a way of measuring supporters’ views on Swann’s running of the club. If things improve then this would be reflected in the findings, otherwise they will continue to be bad.

Either way Peter Swann will have a very clear view of how we, the supporters really feel about what he is doing; and most importantly, in a way that he wouldn’t be able to argue with no matter how hard he might try to do so.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 85

“Either way Peter Swann will have a very clear view of how we, the supporters really feel about what he is doing; and most importantly, in a way that he wouldn’t be able to argue with no matter how hard he might try to do so.”

You’re assuming that he cares Bucks, I wish I shared your optimism.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Focussing any protests on the players is absolutely pointless because a) Most of them won’t be here next season and b) they’re a symptom, not a cause.

Support the team, protest the club.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

The point is that he would have to care, Cass. Whatever he might claim in public the facts would be very clear. The problem at the moment is that he can brush comments aside because the evidence behind them is fragmented and subjective. This all makes it far too easy for him to sidestep the issues.

The benefit of the poll is that it’s hard evidence. I’m happy to do the formal statistical analysis but I can already tell you — from the numbers that are there — that the results cannot be argued with. Swann won’t like them but he wouldn’t be able to brush them aside. In support of what Ferrite is saying this also focuses everything on Swann himself.

What supporters think and feel does matter, even in a small club like ours.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 63

The best fan action would be for 18 of us to form a match day squad to turn out at Bradford!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

I don’t think I could do more than 10 minutes (5 in each half) so probably best to look elsewhere.
    (I would be giving 100% for those 10 minutes though.)

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 87

Get the 99% in, wherever he is these days.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 50

Can the Iron Trust be used as a bridge between the supporters and the boardroom?

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

I cycled past this morning and unless my eyes deceive me ( they might have ) they were digging the training pitches up down there. Wouldn’t suprise me, they don’t seem to be doing much good.

vadervader
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017
    Topics: 6

Should be quite fertile land.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Foundations for the hotel?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 38

The amount of sh1te that’s been on it this last 9 months it would be a waste not to grow something on it.

Suspect that is what Vader had in mind.

Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

if the football authorities and/or Govt are keen to see the greed looked at within football perhaps we should petition the FL to investigate the takeover by the club by another company. If nothing else they could look at whether the land at £11m under valued?
    Vague statements by Swan that at some point in the future the club may have to pay some unspecified rent don’t prevent me thinking Bury mk2!!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Bob Steels in his Telegraph piece mentioned Bury too. But the key difference is that, as far as I’m aware, Steve Dale hasn’t got the go ahead to redevelop the surrounding land with property. This makes our situation worse doesn’t it, as there’d be less interest from a new buyer? As far as I’m aware, Dale is still open to selling at a price that suits him and the stadium and land remains dormant.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Although we won’t be expelled from the league for debt reasons I can see us dropping the league’s like a stone unless there’s radical changes in player and coaching staff recruitment and Board involvement. What we can do about that I don’t know. Just keep complaining about it as much as possible and in greater numbers I suppose? Though I’m not confident that will happen given the majority of fans have been pretty happy to let things develop as they have over the last few years without too much objection. As soon as there’s any upturn in fortunes on the pitch, most will turn a blind eye.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

You’re right Iron64. We should be petitioning the Football League to look into our Clubs recent and disastrous affairs. Why cant the Football Trust get involved and start a petition and also get in touch with the national and local press. Does anyone know if the Trust are doing anything?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

If you are referring to the Iron Trust they probably don’t know that it’s them you’re talking about.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

If you are referring to the Iron Trust they probably don’t know that it’s them you’re talking about.

Yes the Iron Trust. Does anyone know if they are looking into the legalities of Swann transferring our Club’s assets to his own company? Are they also backing the protest on Saturday? One would hope they are doing something constructive surely.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

If you had bothered to join NLI you would be fully aware of what action is being and has been taken. You didn’t offer your support to the Trust but now you want their help?

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

We should be petitioning the Football League to look into our Clubs recent and disastrous affairs. Why cant the Football Trust get involved and start a petition and also get in touch with the national and local press.

The Football League is essentially a members’ body and those members are the clubs, so it’s unlikely those turkeys are going to be voting for it. The game needs proper independent governance.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.