Effin and Jeffin again

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Effin and Jeffin again

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

Whoever it was doing that throughout the match in earshot of the microphones and children should be ashamed and apologising. Why do supporters seem to think it’s acceptable and a laugh when some spend most the game shouting their sweary abuse when no one really wants to hear it? It’s not clever or funny and it shouldn’t be applauded. Those who do it must have a mighty high opinion of themselves to think it’s an okay thing to do. It’s not okay. There are young impressionable children listening, either in the stands or on the livestream. What sort of example is it setting? Not saying don’t shout the odd exasperation at decisions but no need for effin every time. We’ve had enough complaints about posters swearing on here, and that was during the Swann and Hilton eras when you’d kind of expect it. Why is this frequent vocal swearing acceptable and humoured? Rubbish.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Reliably informed it was a local councillor.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If that is the case he should be publicly apologising. Still, there seems to be a cohort who do it, apologise but it keeps happening. I wonder why? Call themselves ‘men’? Narcissistic blow hards. Get a grip and set a good example!

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 393

I have seen similar issues at games, at Bishop Stortford once completely drunk moron felt the need to berate with fouled mouther tirades any opposition player or official who came near that side of the pitch ,he appeared next to us in the 2nd half with a full pint and he’d clearly had too much, instead of telling him to shut up his friends thought he was funny . Same at Buxton over Xmas, our fans migrated from behind a goal to the centre near where we were, they swarmed down half of them spilling the beers they were carrying and they stopped right in front of us, two of them could barely stand and they proceeded to verbally abuse a female lino with the usual vile comments on top of the usual boorish BS.They then moved further down and continued to cause trouble nearer the flag causing th egame to be stopped for a short while as the ref made his report to the 4th official .The sooner we get promoted and these idiots away from the nice little grounds often run by well meaning volunteers the better, these clubs don’t deserve this .If I was an Iron director I’d contact away clubs and suggest a beer ban

Participant

Confirmed, it was all coming from the big gob of a local councillor.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 97

I don’t have a problem with swearing but endless abuse and tirades are just tedious. The local councillor was clearly audible on the stream last night, boorishly abusing the referee over & over again.

Though not as much as our manager who got involved with someone in the crowd, abused the referee enough to get a red card, and then wasn’t big enough to answer questions from the media.

fans6464

apparently a certain bespectacled ginner had a few choice words too

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 22

I don’t have a problem with swearing but endless abuse and tirades are just tedious. The local councillor was clearly audible on the stream last night, boorishly abusing the referee over & over again.

Though not as much as our manager who got involved with someone in the crowd, abused the referee enough to get a red card, and then wasn’t big enough to answer questions from the media.

It’s in the rules / directives that if you’ve been red carded you can’t talk to the media after the game.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 149

You really must get out more Deerey, swearing and abuse at a footy game whatever next, swearing is common day language nowadays whether you like it or not.
    So I make that 3 out of 4 off the iron hour podcast alone who swear on a regular basis get over it.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Were they his, or did he get them from here?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

That is who I have been referring to.

fans6464

Were they his, or did he get them from here?

1st and second in post of the year, you’re doing well

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You really must get out more Deerey, swearing and abuse at a footy game whatever next, swearing is common day language nowadays whether you like it or not.
    So I make that 3 out of 4 off the iron hour podcast alone who swear on a regular basis get over it.

Unsurprisingly you fail to grasp the point someone is making. Yet again.

fans6464

ah yes,the iron hour,such nice guys

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Must get out more? You’re having a laugh mate. I probably heard far worse in school. Do you just accept everything that evolves throughout life with a ‘whatevs?’ shrug? Clearly you don’t given what you do find worth making a point about on here. Lol, ‘Get out more’. The irony.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There you go you heard far worse in school Deerey, why do you expect any different away from school i don’t.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Snot where you not swearing in the pub on Saturday and keeping company with the most foul mouthed female I’ve ever heard.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 63

Many years ago Mr Buxton complained about a Scunthorpe fan swearing at him.

That supporter was arrested and charged for foul and abusive language in a public space. He was found guilty and fined ! Perhaps some other law officers should do the same !

It is not necessary.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

There you go you heard far worse in school Deerey, why do you expect any different away from school i don’t.

Er, because we’re not 15-16 year olds anymore? Because the people who are the worst culprits are grown men, apparently? Not rocket science. Of course I expect to hear some swearing at matches. I don’t think we need to hear it incessantly throughout the match so loud. It’s a bad influence on younger folk and children and frankly tedious and distracting. Trying to watch a match with some idiot shouting and swearing near you throughout, or coming over on the speaker, is rubbish. Don’t know what you don’t understand about the point I’m making tbh. But hey ho.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Er, because we’re not 15-16 year olds anymore? Because the people who are the worst culprits are grown men, apparently? Not rocket science. Of course I expect to hear some swearing at matches. I don’t think we need to hear it incessantly throughout the match so loud. It’s a bad influence on younger folk and children and frankly tedious and distracting. Trying to watch a match with some idiot shouting and swearing near you throughout, or coming over on the speaker, is rubbish. Don’t know what you don’t understand about the point I’m making tbh. But hey ho.

They’re not ultimate solutions to the problems, but they might be fixes for you. Move, and turn the TV down.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Would need to arrest more than half the crowd if they were to clamp down on it.
    Lot of moaning from 64 and yet he did sod all when the woman lino was abused, some folk eh.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Thanks Apollo. . Never thought of that!

fans6464

I do find it odd that a man who told a judge he couldn’t read a sign due to poor eyesight could see enough to get so angry at this, I smell perjury

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Lot of moaning from 64 and yet he did sod all when the woman lino was abused, some folk eh.

That’s perhaps a little bit unfair – 64 did say the abusers “swarmed”, which suggests that there were quite a lot of them. Who would tackle that?

fans6464

did I do sod all?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 72

I do find it odd that a man who told a judge he couldn’t read a sign due to poor eyesight could see enough to get so angry at this, I smell perjury

A former law student needed to rely on a notice sign to know that photo taking in court is prohibited?

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 1

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

A former law student needed to rely on a notice sign to know that photo taking in court is prohibited?

It was vanity. He was just trying to appear excitingly close to power.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 72

That may have been the motivation, but it doesn’t make the excuse less eyebrow raising for me.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Yes 64. Why didn’t you alert the stewards there were plenty of them, from your comments you were obviously with a least one other person, would you expect everyone just to stand around if you started to take flak, all mouth no action im afraid.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.