Bury FC

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Bury FC

• Author
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 121

I note that a crowd of 3,521 fans watched their 9th tier match between Bury and Padiham in midweek.
    The game was played at FC United of Manchester’s ground due to the Gigg Lane pitch being unplayable.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 15

Another club on the way back are former FLC Macclesfield FC (then Town) ..they are in the NPLplay offs and their home attendances are crazy for that level 3-4000

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 88

Macclesfield are progressing well. Could go up. wouldn’t say Bury are on their way back just yet. One game to game in 3rd spot. Wythenshawe Town or Ammies above and one automatic promo spot. Could do it through the playoffs but form not great. Many steps to go too after that. However their gates at Gigg are consistently high. A proportion of their fans have an entitled attitude, refs and North West Counties League are all against them. Ahem…

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 63

Interesting info on the gates. Are the fans of football realising home town clubs want and value support as opposed to being seen as a cash cow for billionaires who want to isolate from football so they can grab all the money.

Best wishes to these clubs supporters who are fighting back.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 100

it doesn’t matter what level you play at a winning team will bring the fans back, Bury and Macclesfield both had a season without any football, so we got lucky in the end, we could have been playing Winterton or Brigg

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Interesting info on the gates. Are the fans of football realising home town clubs want and value support as opposed to being seen as a cash cow for billionaires who want to isolate from football so they can grab all the money.

Best wishes to these clubs supporters who are fighting back.

[/quote]

Fans start returning with better owners after years of incompetents and shysters. The new better owners and existing fans do a good job of encouraging stay aways and new fans to attend. Is my understanding.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 52

Macc town often got sub 2k whilst in the football league, their support base has been revitalised under the new ownership.

The hospitality area looks fantastic too, maybe some years away yet, but would like to see GP modernised in a similar way to bring in extra revenue.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Who needs the Premiership?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

1 Wythenshawe – P45 GD63 Pts 92
    2 Wythenshawe Town – P45 GD48 Pts 92
    3 Bury – P45 GD58 Pts 91

Ramsbottom United v Bury
    Squires Gate v Wythenshawe
    Wythenshawe Town v Skelmersdale United

18th Ramsbottom Utd P44 GD-13 Pts 48
    22nd Squires Gate P44 GD-41 Pts 42
    24th Skelmersdale Utd P44 GD-73 Pts 32

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Bloody hell Rene I remember watching the Iron knock Skelmersdale out of the FA Cup back in 1967 at the OSG, John Colquhoun and Frank Barton scored the goals in a 2-0 win. Bet mick,les, cass and Awaywego were there too.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 100

The pitch was covered in snow, would have been off now, I doubt Awaywego was born then, if he was he would have been a toddler, but I was there

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

I was there and Awaywego was halfway up the floodlight pylon!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Awaywego is roughly my age so I’m guessing he would have been there, remember some younger kids lining empty plastic coffee cups up on the DRE wall and pelting them over with hand made snow balls off the terrace, golden days plus it was bloody freezing.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Bloody hell Rene I remember watching the Iron knock Skelmersdale out of the FA Cup back in 1967 at the OSG, John Colquhoun and Frank Barton scored the goals in a 2-0 win. Bet mick, les, cass and Awaywego were there too.

Legends.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 149

Roughly Ironawe. We were born within weeks of each other my birthday on England’s greatest day. Didn’t start going to watch Scunny till 68 so I missed that one, did used to go and watch the schoolboy games pre 68 though so I’m only a part timer to the rest of you.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Wythenshawe Amateurs win the league. 2 x FA Cup winners Bury in playoffs.

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.