And that, boys and girls is the hat trick

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace And that, boys and girls is the hat trick

Join the prediction league. Enter before 13/6/24 for free Euro 2024 Prediction League with £25 SUFC voucher prize. Entry fee split between site hosting, prize fund & sponsoring a player. Join here
  • Author
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I guess it all could be false how happy would you be just saying

Why has this been reported?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 92

Punctuation Police?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 89

Think it would be a fair bit more than £30m I-A so my previous point still stands.

Plough Lane is 9k capacity and cost £30m. Need to stick inflation and remedial costs on top of that for a 12.5k one in town I reckon.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 92

London prices versus Scunny prices though?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

🤣

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 52

The codheads should be more worried about playing in a wooden stand covered in asbestos than our troubles

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

I guess it all could be false how happy would you be just saying
    I did not know this lets play this could be fun

Why has this been reported?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Our income from January would barely cover half of the expenditure. That’s including season ticket for next year and the 1899 memberships and not taking into account VAT.

If we take your word and imply he is using this additional income to meet the costs, it’s still hundreds of thousands- probably over a million- of external investment being used to keep the club afloat.

Like I said, it reads like he’s personally paying every expense when that’s not the case. Since Hilton became owner there has been income from 9 home games, 23/24 season ticket sales, 1899 sales, EFL disbursements, etc.

As for VAT, I’m not sure why he mentioned it because it’s not a cost to the business.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

Two stands and a pitch will be enough to get us going.

What classes as a stadium?

Wrexham have 3 stands?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021

Quite a few places only have 2 or 3 stands ..Carlisle and Gateshead to name just 2.

Im not daft but some of the comments especially delivering a new stadium in 2 years are lets say very optimistic i really hope i am wrong tho… i am however refraining from getting involved with all the very speculative comments and replies on both sides i just want the best for the club.

Obviously the biggest concern a the moment has to be if and where we will be playing next season and how this effects season tickets previously sold.

Back on the football ..seems after early rush the signings have ceased… and waiting to see the kits with anticipation.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

Quite a few places only have 2 or 3 stands ..Carlisle and Gateshead to name just 2.

Im not daft but some of the comments especially delivering a new stadium in 2 years are lets say very optimistic i really hope i am wrong tho… i am however refraining from getting involved with all the very speculative comments and replies on both sides i just want the best for the club.

Obviously the biggest concern a the moment has to be if and where we will be playing next season and how this effects season tickets previously sold.

Back on the football ..seems after early rush the signings have ceased… and waiting to see the kits with anticipation.

Same hear!

The plan maybe to build two stands so the two years is possible. Lets wait and see, I won’t lose any sleep if this that and T’other doesn’t happen. Not really too concerned if we are playing elsewhere tbh for the above to happen.

The kits that were shown at the forum looked far better than last season.

Codheads will be getting moist because the lack of stadium activities there end.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It won’t be the end of the world playing elsewhere for a few years but it’s not ideal, particularly for those Iron supporters travelling in from the west, unless it’s Donny of course. If it’s Gainsborough, for many exiles, it will just add another 30mins there and 30 back.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

The old wooden structure is costing 350k this summer to keep it operational .

We were sold the dream ‘5 years away,2 years away,7 years away ‘ by our Alan Partridge wannabe former ‘custodian’ as he liked to call himself (if you want a snapshot of how to decay a club to almost the depths of oblivion over a 20 year period,i suggest go on YouTube and watch the ‘John Fenty stadium tour’ )

I don’t think we are ‘getting moist ‘ over it , we just recognise undeliverable promises – we had them , the excitement and hope it brings ,but for that hope to be dashed over and over again .

Now we have hope ,realistic hope and ambitions not above our station but at least not the comedown from all the broken promises .

I hope Mr Hilton can deliver ,but track record and projects surely cast doubt even from the most ardent Iron fan -retail enabling developments are dead in the water and councils ponying up money for Football Club stadiums long gone – if your new primary funder can pull it off at all ,he will not just be the saviour of Scunthorpe Utd but also a miracle worker .

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘The plan maybe to build two stands so the two years is possible’

Based on the sketch Hilton shared, it doesn’t look like that would be feasible. It’s an enclosed arena (apart from the top right corner being open, for some reason). Doesn’t look like build a stand as you go. Maybe there’s arena examples where that has happened previously?

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

The old wooden structure is costing 350k this summer to keep it operational .

We were sold the dream ‘5 years away,2 years away,7 years away ‘ by our Alan Partridge wannabe former ‘custodian’ as he liked to call himself (if you want a snapshot of how to decay a club to almost the depths of oblivion over a 20 year period,i suggest go on YouTube and watch the ‘John Fenty stadium tour’ )

I don’t think we are ‘getting moist ‘ over it , we just recognise undeliverable promises – we had them , the excitement and hope it brings ,but for that hope to be dashed over and over again .

Now we have hope ,realistic hope and ambitions not above our station but at least not the comedown from all the broken promises .

I hope Mr Hilton can deliver ,but track record and projects surely cast doubt even from the most ardent Iron fan -retail enabling developments are dead in the water and councils ponying up money for Football Club stadiums long gone – if your new primary funder can pull it off at all ,he will not just be the saviour of Scunthorpe Utd but also a miracle worker .

Wasn’t it Fenty that offered the Conoco/Philips or whatever it was called stadium too? Don’t think it was.

Seems many Cods are the understanding we were spending above when we were in the Championship. Don’t think Steve Wharton would state that. And still many grumbled about him. Nobody can win.

Don’t think there are many fans that are totally content with there owners. As we know very little to be made in football so as we always ask why would they want our club?
    If it wasn’t Swann, Hilton who would buy Scunny?.

Utd have Glazers they want rid of
    Citeh Middle east owners. Whats right whats wrong?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Citeh Middle east owners. Whats right whats wrong?”

I think that’s a fair point. I wouldn’t want Newcastle’s owners if I was a supporter and it may well have pushed me away to support a local non league team. I’d like to have a better idea where the money that’s funding SUFC is coming from. At the moment it seems invisible due to the lack of filed accounts of owners businesses on Companies House (the usual go to, to understand these matters). Take Oldham’s owner, for example. We can easily check out and verify how he’s made his money and how that might well be funding the club. Some say, it doesn’t matter to them. Fine, I appreciate that, but it’s pretty important to me and I suspect many others.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

‘Citeh Middle east owners. Whats right whats wrong?”

I think that’s a fair point. I wouldn’t want Newcastle’s owners if I was a supporter and it may well have pushed me away to support a local non league team. I’d like to have a better idea where the money that’s funding SUFC is coming from. At the moment it seems invisible due to the lack of filed accounts of owners businesses on Companies House (the usual go to, to understand these matters). Take Oldham’s owner, for example. We can easily check out and verify how he’s made his money and how that might well be funding the club. Some say, it doesn’t matter to them. Fine, I appreciate that, but it’s pretty important to me and I suspect many others.

If a survey was carried out throughout the leagues on whether fans were happy with there owners bet it would be pretty high percentage whom weren’t.

Spending too much, Too little, Big ambitions, No Ambitions, Skeletons in the closet etc etc.

We all want the best for our clubs

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Agree with that

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

I’ve fallen out of love watching SUFC when Knill was in charge as it became just boring. When was the last time we can hand on heart say when we were playing really exciting football win lose or draw?

Doesn’t matter what league it was in but when was the last time you didn’t have to spend most of the game chatting to your friends or looking at your mobile for something that was more interesting than the game on offer.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 26

Probably about the same time you could go for a pint in the Iron bar about 30mins in… go for a pint stay in the bar it made a fair bit no doubt. Then they turned the TV Screens off so you had to watch the match

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

The conoco stadium was the only realistic hope,when the ‘enabling’ development was actually there – B&Q wanted to go there,planning was secured but various issues came up from residents objecting of having the stadium in the village of Great Coates and by time the various hurdles had been overcome B&Q had decided to put their store in Town instead . Fenty did not start the process for it , but certainly finished it – he scrapped the idea for his dream of another site , Peakes Parkway ; he got Extreme Leisure on board (who had no prior experience of delivering a football stadium project ) and wanted the council to pony up a substantial amount of the capital – his presentation to them was pointing to a spot on the site and saying ‘I want it there ‘ . Another one gone .

Rinse and repeat with Freeman Street

So we are left with the good old BP for the medium to long term .

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 151

Your owners have broke their promises on a new training ground, supposed to be one of the first things to sort out, Oct 21 the new site would be announced within months they said, where is the new training ground going to be located Richgy?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

Yeah they said within 5-10 years to deliver it so they have got a while until questions are asked . The site is decided , they are just going through the process now and when it’s got the go ahead it will be announced .

Much like your new ground though until it’s delivered i’m not sure when /if it will be time will tell – but if it’s not questions need to be asked .

Deereyme66Deereyme66

At least 5-10 years is a bit more realistic Ŕich!

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 98

Can anyone explain to me why Hilton is apparently leaking information out via some fan’s twitter account and not making proper public statements?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 9

Because the said fan “reached out” to him, and he answered. There is no problem everything is in hand so no need for any official statement beyond that already issued 2 weeks ago.

😬

2 users thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 9

Give in, be grateful it’s so much easier.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt’ 🤣

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It’s something and we should be bloody grateful it!

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023

Can anyone explain to me why Hilton is apparently leaking information out via some fan’s twitter account and not making proper public statements?

Putting to one side the obvious reason, Hilton’s also using people with more kudos within the fanbase than him to communicate the narrative.

I hope Andy and others know where the record button is to ensure they have a copy of what’s been said.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.