Reply To: Werder Bremen…

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Werder Bremen… Reply To: Werder Bremen…

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
Participant
Registered On: July 20, 2015
Topics: 43

… yesterday emulated our feat against Leyton Orient all those years ago! 2-0 down at Borussia Dortmund in the 89th minute, won 3-2!

I remember that game Bobby, I was driving home thinking we had lost 2-0, after leaving early.

I had a worse one than that though, after driving with my lads to watch the Notts Forest FA Cup match one Saturday after phoning their ticket office to order our tickets, arrived to find that they had not saved them. So with Scunny at Lincoln City that same afternoon, we called at Lincoln on our way back to Barton, and entering the ground about six minutes after kick off, the game was 2-0 after two early goals, I think to Lincoln. The score was still 2-0 with five minutes to go, so we went back to the car to avoid the traffic, there were two late goals and the score ended 2-2, so after driving all the way to Notingham, then to Lincoln and the Lincoln game, we had a full day but never saw any of the bloody goals, then back to Barton ha ha! Funny thing is that I nearly always still lerave when just a few minutes remaining in games.

<iframe title=”scunthorpe 4 v leeds 2 – 1983 fa cup (vhsrip) – vcd – [jeffz].mpg” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/88VNTsQiaKs?feature=oembed&#8221; allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” id=”fitvid0″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>

Enjoy

Those were the days RoamingBull, thats when Scunny used to play attacking football, five forwards whoever we were playing, also a great night when Scunny won 4-0 at Leeds, I think that Barrie Tomas scored all four goals, and I slipped full lenth climbing a steep muddy bank inside Elland Road.