Reply To: Open letter to Bucksiron

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Open letter to Bucksiron Reply To: Open letter to Bucksiron

BucksironBucksiron
Participant
Registered On: December 24, 2013
Topics: 16

A number of comments and threads have been deleted from this site in the past because they didn’t suit the agenda of those who run it. This was despite the content being entirely lawful and inoffensive. Yet threads attacking individuals whose opinions the mods don’t like have been allowed to stay, even when these have made the ultimate highly offensive comparison to Hitler. I know because Gurnelista made such a comment about me, along with many other highly offensive comments including references to mental illness.

I’ve always held the view that truly offensive comments reveal far more about the author than the person at whom the comment is directed. There’s also a widely held view around social media that anyone who makes the Hitler/Nazi comment has lost the argument, often referred to as Godwin’s law.

Of course extreme right-wing comments should be removed if they’re offensive. It’s just a pity that the same hasn’t been applied to those on the extreme left.

3 users thanked author for this post.