Reply To: PLAYER RATING V EXETER CITY

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace PLAYER RATING V EXETER CITY Reply To: PLAYER RATING V EXETER CITY

HeathHeath
Participant
Registered On: August 5, 2017
Topics: 17

BS, the first 8 league matches have been terrible, not arguing with you there. But I ask again, what did you expect from the remnants of a bottom of the league team with lots of new, young non league and out of contract players?

It’s taken 8 matches to sort out who has promise and who doesn’t, hard workers and slackers. We’ve seen Loft have 1 good game, an OK game and not a lot after that. Jarvis showing some promise, but now missing chances. Rowe come in and have a good game (despite your 4 score), Beestin and Hallam have 1 good game, Green do well, Hipploite praised after his first match and not good since. Taylor and McAtee hopefully getting stronger, Onarise first choice centre back, Van Veen and McGahey back soon, new goalie who should have been here from day 1.

We gave Exeter a good game yesterday. Not much to get excited about, we still lost, but some signs of improvement.

I would suggest that our best team is something like this:

Howard
Clarke/Rowe, Onarise, McGahey, Brown
Gillead, Taylor, Beestin, Eisa
Van Veen, McAtee

We’ve not seen anything like that team yet for various reasons, but I hope Cox gets the chance to find a settled side soon, and then we will see whether he can or can’t do the job.

I know and you know and Cox knows he won’t be here for much longer if we keep losing and he continues to pick the wrong players and tactics.