Home Forums The New Blast Furnace Scunthorpe United v Newport County match thread

alcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 143
    Replies: 3831

Hope you’re right and that we do go up.

I suspect we won’t, though.

cokeovenkid
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 500

If we go through the rest of this season coasting with the intention not to get relegated, not to waste money but to give it a good go next season , I could just about live with that. As long as the sick lame and lazy are booted out on their collective ear

2 users thanked author for this post.

alcazar
    Participant

I’d also like to see the backroom staff cut and Rodders justify his salary

5 users thanked author for this post.

scunnymatt88
    Participant
    Topics: 75
    Replies: 1544

I’d also like to see the backroom staff cut and Rodders justify his salary

Couldnt have put it better myself! For example 2 goalkeeping coaches! When muzzy or pressman could train the 3 or 4 keepers at the club at the same time! Dont get me started on rodders he’s the prime example at the club of a wage thief and what exactly does he do apart from the odd appearance at these farcical happy clapping fans forums?

scunnymatt88
    Participant

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-11-21/bartosz-biakowski-ipswich-town-goalkeeper-accuses-former-boss-hurst-of-showing-disrespect/

Looks like hurst has a habit of pissing key players off if your face doesnt fit.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Sanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 276
    Replies: 6174

We can all see it – SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG !!

3 users thanked author for this post.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 3425

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-11-21/bartosz-biakowski-ipswich-town-goalkeeper-accuses-former-boss-hurst-of-showing-disrespect/

Looks like hurst has a habit of pissing key players off if your face doesnt fit.

Not buying that, it’s just his version of events, sounds like a narky git who didn’t like being dropped. Respect!!! Makes himself sound like of those drug dealing gobshites on the street. You were dropped, your a professional footballer, get over it.

scunnymatt88
    Participant

Not buying that, it’s just his version of events, sounds like a narky git who didn’t like being dropped. Respect!!! Makes himself sound like of those drug dealing gobshites on the street. You were dropped, your a professional footballer, get over it.

He was like it with a few other players at ipswich…but its the way you go about it instead of acting the big i am with the ego, as a manager you want your players to respect you so they deserve the same back…fair enough if they arent pulling their weight ect then you tell them rather than just dropping them and ignoring them. Doesnt surprise me because you can see thats what hurst is like and one day it will bite him on the arse. We have swann, rodders and hurst running the circus and we as fans are getting punished for it but the delusional few will just keep clapping with the odd win here and there in league 2.

4 users thanked author for this post.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 125
    Replies: 2773

Completely agree with what you say Scunnymatt88, there is something sadly wrong in the club and we can only guess what it is, that is why we lost our better players last season, and the same will happen again this term.

The facts are in front of us every week, and that’s why we have moved from being a play off contender at the top of League One into a struggling shower that is lingering in the bottom half of League Two.

We have been fed bullshit for the past six years regarding new stadiums and refurbished stadiums, but during those six years not one pile has been sunk and not one piece of structure erected, yes six long years, but the base fans have dwindled from about 4,200 into the present 2,900 of last Saturday, this should suggest to our management that things being served up on and off the pitch are no longer acceptable or worth turning out each week to watch.

Scunny have become boring, defensivly set up, we are not selecting our best team, too many players have fallen foul of the little manager, and to play ONE UP FRONT at home against teams like Newport and Walsall is pathetic, and the supporters are only asking for a bit of enjoyment to turn up to watch, we are getting very little of this, and nothing is changing to stop the rot.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 89
    Replies: 3022

I wouldn’t take too much from one players account but there are a few Iron players this has possibly happened too so its starts to become a real concern. If the players account is true then I’d call in go question the manner in which he found out. Not a way to manage people.

alcazar
    Participant

Folk keep pointing the finger at hurst.
    I would like to make two points:

1. Hurst didn’t appoint himself.
    2. Wew have had a series of managers here that arrive promising attacking footy, then sink into negativity. WHY????

There’s something rotten in the state of Denmark, as they say.

BigLeftToe
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 317

To be fair Hurst never promised free flowing attacking football…he’s been a boring defensive [email protected] at all his previous clubs!

4 users thanked author for this post.

Ironawe
    Participant
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 705

The concern is that we never seem to interview a variety of candidates – its always ‘i only had candidate x in mind and didn’t go elsewhere’.

Not working out that great, this approach

3 users thanked author for this post.

scunnymatt88
    Participant

The concern is that we never seem to interview a variety of candidates – its always ‘i only had candidate x in mind and didn’t go elsewhere’.

Not working out that great, this approach

Exactly and people seem to be so grateful we have a set of clowns running the club and turning us into embarrassments! Even when i speak to fans from other clubs they always ask whats happening with us as we were always regarded as one of the better teams at the top end of league 1. My response is nothing will improve under swanny and rodders they are out of their depth and to top it off they go and appoint the poison dwarf.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 3425

Well glad to hear everyone is happy then.😂😂😂

forgotten
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 228

… but the base fans have dwindled from about 4,200 into the present 2,900 of last Saturday, this should suggest to our management that things being served up on and off the pitch are no longer acceptable or worth turning out each week to watch.

…and to play ONE UP FRONT at home against teams like Newport and Walsall is pathetic, and the supporters are only asking for a bit of enjoyment to turn up to watch, we are getting very little of this, and nothing is changing to stop the rot.

If you’re going to use figures to support your arguments, please ensure that your figures are correct. According to the OWS the average home attendance in season 2013/14 was 4013. This was Swann’s first season and was of course the season we were promoted from L2. The relegation season previously averaged 3465. Our average for ALL home games this season is 3278.

I didn’t attend the Walsall game but against Newport our formation was 3-5-2 with Eisa and Novak our strikers. Brown and Clarke were the wingbacks.

By the way I totally agree with wanting a bit of entertainment.

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 89
    Replies: 3022

‘According to the OWS the average home attendance in season 2013/14 was 4013. This was Swann’s first season and was of course the season we were promoted from L2. The relegation season previously averaged 3465. Our average for ALL home games this season is 3278’.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove with this remark? Over 6 seasons the fan base HAS decreased from approx 4,200. It just remains to be seen if 2,900 becomes the new average over future months. In any case, surely the point is, it’s not very good?

mistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 411
    Replies: 8036

“I didn’t attend the Walsall game but against Newport our formation was 3-5-2 with Eisa and Novak our strikers. Brown and Clarke were the wingbacks.”

That was the formation first half, but haven’t a clue what it was in the second, only it wasn’t 2 upfront, more like 0.

forgotten
    Participant

DM66, what I was trying to get over (and apparently failing) is if you are quoting figures, then make sure the figure is accurate and cite your source. Or, do as you did with ‘approx.’
    I have no real arguments with
    BB’s opinions, after all we’re all entitled to them, but to use two seasons that are not comparable to support your arguments can weaken your case.
    I’ll give an illustration of giving a different view:
    In our relegation season from L1 (2012/13) the average crowd was 3465, last season’s figure was 4364. Does that mean that attendances are actually rising? I suspect not.
    The above figures from the OWS.

forgotten
    Participant

Mick, totally agree, which is one of my reasons for taking a couple of months off, the other being the current lack entertainment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.