Home Forums Non Football One of Those Dumbass Client Change Denying Websites

• This topic is empty.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 23
    Replies: 1586

I wondered when Sigmund would show up.

Gurnelista, it isn’t difficult. All you have to do is look at the argument being made in Zoe Phin’s analysis and then look at BRI’s response to it. He’s arguing for the very point she’s actually making.

Yet what do we get. She’s a nutter, she needs a brain transplant, etc, etc, etc. Absolutely typical small-minded responses aimed purely and simply at the person and not the argument they’re making.

There are numerous people in the scientific community like Zoe. Whatever abuse you might throw at her she’s no fool and you’re a fool if you think otherwise. John Nash was ridiculed. Yet he was the one who got the Nobel prize, while those who ridiculed him are long forgotten. Einstein was in many ways crazy and his ideas were also ridiculed until he was proved to be right.

Of course you’re not interested in any of this. All you ever do and want to do is pull those who don’t agree with your views apart. Well, your “mates” on here might go around thanking you all the time but of the thousands of views of this thread I suspect there’ll be a fair few who can see straight through you.

I see you miss why I was mocking her views (or are twisting it, to deflect from obvious crankery and make yourself look better), which was over her silly rock cycle denial. If someone is going to air opinions on a site, and be arrogant and dismissive towards others, then there may well be push back. I am not politically correct in that I am not one to be polite around bullsh*t. You conveniently ignore her abuse towards others, inferring that people have small penises and the use of a word which I find, franklly, disgusting. The r word used by her is up there with other horrible slurs used against people of certain demographies. Yet you defend her as some innocent. I admit that I responded using some insults, but I care little when someone comes on with such a dismissive attitude and liberal usage of slurs.

I’d say that anyone who thinks of geology like she does is a fool. Certainly in that regard. I am not commenting on her expertise elsewhere, but her understanding of science is pitiful. There’s no other way around it; anyone who cannot understand simple, evidence based concepts like fossilisation or lithification is a fool if they’re going to argue against it. I asked her plenty of questions about her stupid beliefs, pointing out several problems with her nonsense. She responded with evasion, more nonsense, evasion and silly questions which can be answered through simple thought.

The difference between actual scientists who worked meticulously to demonstrate that their ideas are valid and Zoe is that they gave demonstrable evidence for their theories, which stood up tom scrutiny. They didn’t throw a paddy and shout about how great they are, without answering questions, when scrutinised. Their answers won over because they had answers. Do you seriously believe that Zoe’s nonsense about geology, which anyone with an ounce of understanding in the subject can see flaws with, is going to be remotely like quantum theory or general relativity? Like I say, Einstein could answer the questions with his science, Zoe can’t. Comparing her to actual scientists through comparing her struggle for acceptance with scientific theories which met resistance is as stupid as me saying that if I was to jump out of a building I’d fall up and not splat on the ground, then saying that Einstein had resistance to his ideas when people mock it. Einstein’s theories involved lateral thinking, but for lateral thinking to be successful it needs to be backed up. It is not about thinking of any old woo and not bothering with the skepticism.

It’s actually a slur on these great scientists to compare these various clowns making stupid ideas about science, be it Zoe with her rock cycle denial and refusal to accept how sedimentary rocks form, or the morons yapping about a flat Earth, hollow Earth, an expanding Earth, God creating the world in seven days, cryptozoology etc. These scientists worked hard to demonstrate their ideas, yet they’re being compared to those who cannot demonstrate them, refuse to do so, and dismiss every bit of skepticism. They pour scorn on the actual scientists who disagree with their ideas, and compare themselves to actual scientists elsewhere, like Einstein. Yet Einstein had much more in common with the actual scientists in these ‘controversial’ fields than cranks dreaming up nonsense and whining when it’s not accepted as legitimate.

The fathers of modern geology, James Hutton, Charles Lyell etc worked hard to demonstrate their ideas, battling against conventional understanding at the time. They convinced geologists that their views were correct in accordance with the evidence available at the time. Hutton demonstrated that a global flood and a 6000 years old Earth were impossible, and bred a backlash from fundamentalist Christians, who we refer to as creationists, who couldn’t accept the evidence contradicted their belief system. Yet what do we have? We have Zoe and Bucks defending such crap as being akin to Hutton’s science. Hutton’s uniformitarianism revolutionised geology, and in conjunction with Lyell’s Principles of Geology, it led to groundbreaking discoveries in the field. They are the Einsteins of geology, not some contrarian with stupid ideas, akin to the old beliefs of the past (substitute aliens for God and there’s not that much difference between Zoe and bpg). Actual geology, as practised by Hutton and his successors can explain the science of the Earth, Zoe’s nonsense cannot. We can see how sediment represented in different environments form the expected rock sequence when lithified. Zoe’s garbled nonsense cannot. It’s a huge insult to actual science to act as if this dubious brain fart is akin to relativity, quantum or whatever when, unlike actual science, it cannot answer its arisen questions.

This is important, because of the worrying lack of distrust in expertise right now. We have Bucks and others bemoaning a trust in those trained in the field and say we should learn to think. The latter part is right, but this involves questioning everything. The problem is that the expert skeptics often cannot justify their claims and claim every bit of skepticism against them is bullying from an elite. Such conspiracy minded nonsense is harmful to a functioning society and such refusal to acknowledge the right to be criticised for holding their views, and claims that it’s the others who are like this, puts us in a dangerous place. For if we have people not trusting the views of those who can back up their ideas and instead placing them in those who cannot, then we are at risk of having any old fool in a place of prominence.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 109
    Replies: 3553

A very well laid out argument BRI. Hopefully sense will prevail and I’m pretty confident many will understand the importance of the points you are making, but I think you’re absolutely right to keep on saying it in the face of increasing dogma. Things are falling apart, but with sense and reason the centre can still hold.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 239
    Replies: 10601

BI has twice mentioned ‘Zoe’, Nash and Einstein in the same paragraph,

I look forward to future posts by Bucks where he writes “It doesn’t take Zoe Phin to work out that …”

3 users thanked author for this post.

Deereyme66
    Participant

Made me chuckle that NI :) Hope you’ve shared the recent off the scale insanity with Mrs NI. I’ve shared it with a few supporters of other clubs who also use independent supporter message boards and they are virtually pissing themselves. One actually said, ‘we don’t have a separate one for non football, it’s just complete madness on one forum.’ So like, club related stuff and pseudo science intertwining. Sounds fun.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3869

Yep some great work BRI not just on this particular thread, which has been excellent but to your contributions in general on this forum. Your posts are always well thought out, insightful and as a result always worth reading and despite your own difficulties in the last few days I hope you continue to grace this forum with your presence. I doff my cap sir, nice one.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Deereyme66
    Participant

Indeed. Thinking of using this transcript in an art installation, and for the private view we get BRI on an open top bus.

It’s been a long week…

Northumbiron
    Participant

Hope you’ve shared the recent off the scale insanity with Mrs NI.

Indeed. She is wondering if Zoe would pop over and give a talk to our local WI.

I also shared with my mate who has a degree in geology. Needless to say he found it all highly amusing.

A great couple of nights entertainment!

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 1664

I also add my admiration of BRI’s posts, knowledge and tenacity to debate issues whilst under attack. I know that he doesn’t do this for plaudits or acclaim, so will say no more.

Other than to say Bucks has more than met his match. His repeated claims of abuse are shown up every time when he resorts to put downs aimed at posters who clearly have the upper hand over him.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3869

Hope you’ve shared the recent off the scale insanity with Mrs NI.

Indeed. She is wondering if Zoe would pop over and give a talk to our local WI.

Does Mrs NI think the Zit is an expert on jam making too NI? Actually she probably is TBF.😂

Northumbiron
    Participant

She probably believes Jerusalem was built by aliens!

THE-99%
    Topics: 833
    Replies: 4005

can someone who bothered reading all this let me know if I should close? I’ve been unable to log in most of the week and can’t be othered with this lot

Deereyme66
    Participant

I don’t think it would do any harm to lock it at this stage. It’s all been said now. Appreciate you not deleting it though. Still got a few fans of other clubs I want to show it to. Ones that have seen it already think its hilarious

The topic ‘One of Those Dumbass Client Change Denying Websites’ is closed to new replies.