Home Forums The New Blast Furnace MANXIT

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 235
    Replies: 10411

City have followed the country’s lead and left Europe.

“Manchester City banned from European club competitions for two seasons by Uefa”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51510284

Xxx
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 58

I support Scunthorpe not Liverpool

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 99
    Replies: 3392

2 years?! That’ll change their plans and no mistake.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 235
    Replies: 10411

Will be interesting to see how many of the badge kissers will commit their long term future to the club.

MK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 177

Guardiola already been spotted at Forest Pines.

4 users thanked author for this post.

alcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 147
    Replies: 3985

Overturned on appeal, bigger fine?

1 user thanked author for this post.

MK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 177

No fan of City or the ridiculous spending that for me has ruined top level football but you won’t convince me that City have broken rules that haven’t already been broken by Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG to name but a few.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3709

Is it just me but were these rules never mentioned about being brought in till City started knocking Man United off their perch? Many go on about the class of 92 being behind Mancs dominance of the nineties and noughties but they also spent a hell of a lot of money on players too because of their wealth.

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 205

yes ironawe created through turnstile revenue and mega store sales,and they got cantona for next to nothing.

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 1579

Such a terrible shame that it’s all gone wrong for the Mancs……..

Iron-awe
    Participant

Such a terrible shame that it’s all gone wrong for the Mancs……..

Yeah both of em.😂

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 166
    Replies: 2272

Is it just me but were these rules never mentioned about being brought in till City started knocking Man United off their perch? Many go on about the class of 92 being behind Mancs dominance of the nineties and noughties but they also spent a hell of a lot of money on players too because of their wealth.

They may have done but they didn’t get bought by the marketing department of a dubious regime to improve their global reputation and gain “soft power”. So, you know, swings & roundabouts!

THE-99%
    Topics: 803
    Replies: 3908

isn’t this to do with a club lying about it’s income to get a round FP rules?
    Surely MUFC spent more because they generated more from legitimate means , It’s not about how much city spent but how much they spent in comparison to declare dincome and it appears they declared a false income to get away with over spending. Quite how real Madrid get away with this I’ll never know

1 user thanked author for this post.

Iron-awe
    Participant

Lots of great points raised so far but one also must look at long term in these matters, Man City under the sheikh have become a huge brand that involves more then just Man City itself, the business involves is it six clubs I believe that are part of the whole business group? The area round Eastlands in a poor area of Manchester has been enhanced greatly since the Arabs moved in, it’s a regeneration, they have put money into the whole community. Interesting to hear Danny Murphy last night saying he hoped Man City win their appeal because he thinks it will implicate greatly on other clubs ( big clubs he means ) in the future. I know we deplore the money at the top of the game and how it distances itself from the rest of us but it’s a philosophy that has been pushed since 1992/93 and really the ethos of the Premiership is about the cash cow that now is football. Can we go back? Will the game topple and drag us all under in the long run? When Jack Walker bank rolled Blackburn out of his own pocket to the Premier league title in 1995 we new it wasnt sustainable in the long run but City are turning a profit now and their whole business brand throughout the world is starting to look sustainable. When you look at the sanction both ban and fine wise on City for allegedly breaking financial rules ( the appeal is yet to come ) and you look at the fines and sanctions applied to the countries football authorities charged with racist incidents, it makes you wonder what really is important to all authorities governing football.

THE-99%
    Topics: 803
    Replies: 3908

the simple question did they lie to cover up rule breaking,a very serious offence.,not did they Walk a granny over the road like nice boy scouts at the same time, they probably “loved their mam” too .
    I’d like certain other clubs investigated too, Real madrid being the one, especially how they get bailed out ,seemingly by local/national governement

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.