Home Forums The New Blast Furnace Any news on the redevelopment of the ground

• This topic is empty.

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 169
    Replies: 2309

ferrite people stopped going when we sold barrie thomas and have threatened to do so for a million reasons since,ya know what i mean “while hes in the team,while hes the chairman,while hes the manager, if people dont want to go they dont need to make a song and dance about it, as if anyone cares about what they do.

I think there’s definitely something in what you say, there’s deffo a certain type of Scunthorpe “fan” who almost looks for a reason to go. But equally there are people who used to have season tickets, who used to go regularly home & away, who now don’t bother. At the very least, the club should be worried about that because that’s there core support.

4 users thanked author for this post.

alcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 153
    Replies: 4046

Awaywego:
    Any club which doesn’t care that it is losing supporters doesn’t deserve to keep going.
    The club is a BUSINESS, and the supporters are it’s CUSTOMERS.

It’s easy to understand:
    Business + many customers = success
    Business + few customers = failure.

Guess which one Swanny is heading towards?

2 users thanked author for this post.

uptheiron99
    Participant
    Topics: 133
    Replies: 1869

I’d hate to see myself as a customer and pity anyone who does.

I was brought up following the Iron so missing out on a sausage roll or a cup of bovril will always pale into insignifance.

I support the lads wearing the badge through thick and thin.

AMF. Matchday experience pfft.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Pat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 1677

I’d hate to see myself as a customer and pity anyone who does.

I was brought up following the Iron so missing out on a sausage roll or a cup of bovril will always pale into insignifance.

I support the lads wearing the badge through thick and thin.

AMF. Matchday experience pfft.

Save your pity, believe me I don’t need it. Say what you like but Supporters are customers, a customer is the recipient of a good, service, product or an idea – obtained from a seller, vendor, or supplier via a financial transaction or exchange for money or some other valuable consideration.

I will support Scunthorpe United no matter what and have done so don’t lecture me on that sweetheart. What I won’t do is clap like a preforming seal when I think something can be improved upon.

As for your comment about sausage rolls and cups of bovril I have made my point about this several times, and never once has my point been about me missing out on anything, it is the club that is missing out, I can buy refreshment from a variety of outlets before and after the game if I wish to do so but I would rather spend my money with the club I love & support, unfortunately clowns like yourself & your pal cannot seem to grasp the fact that these complaints have always been about missed revenue for the club, not about what I have missed out on !!

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 109
    Replies: 3546

Well yes, and whether the owners lap dogs agree with it or not, the fact remains that rubbish catering facilities will contribute to some people drifting off. So, more lost revenue.

Bucksiron
    Participant
    Topics: 272
    Replies: 5001

How many games anyone can get to is completely irrelevant. Would my opinion be worth less if I were crippled and unable to travel to any games? I sincerely hope not. This idea that only those who can get to matches should offer an opinion is hogwash.

Second, what exactly would anyone expect a supporter to say at the moment? I doubt anyone’s very happy about how things are, I’m certainly not. SUFC supporters are great at moaning and groaning when things are going well let alone when they’re going badly.

Does that mean the relationship between the club and supporters has broken down? Hardly. If and when the club starts doing well again supporters will come back. If we manage to get the stadium rebuilt even more will come back. GP is the most dreadful place to watch a football match and the sooner it’s rebuilt the better.

Whatever happens, however, those with an anti-Swann agenda will find stuff to complain about. It isn’t difficult to find problems with any organisation if you’re looking for them.

As for entertainment under Brian Laws?! Talk about looking through rose-tinted spectacles.

Deereyme66
    Participant

You get a big fat raspberry for your usual diatribe Bucks, but this:

“As for entertainment under Brian Laws?! Talk about looking through rose-tinted spectacles.”

You gotta be kidding right? One thing you could never accuse Laws’ teams and tactics of, and that’s non-entertainment! Are you thinking of another manager perhaps?

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 1651

Of course it’s not irrelevant when all of your posts are the same rubbishing the views of others who do go to the games and report back on what they see and experience at the ground.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 239
    Replies: 10594

When I purchase goods from the club, be it food, drink, draw tickets, replica shirts, key-rings, calendars or whatever I’m a customer. When I take my place on the terrace or in the stand I’m a supporter. So I can be both and I suspect most of us are.

So I find it amusing when the people that come on here and say it is imperative that we redevelop the ground to increase revenue, are the very ones who claim that it doesn’t matter if the catering outlets run out of pies/bovril at 2:50pm. Or that having the new replica shirts in the shop before the start of season isn’t important.

Very odd!

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 296

alcy iam not on about the club caring iam on about people on iron bru. who gives a toss why people stop going if they ever do most are phoney anyway.

alcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 153
    Replies: 4046

alcy iam not on about the club caring iam on about people on iron bru. who gives a toss why people stop going if they ever do most are phoney anyway.

What are you basing that on? Straw poll, or just guesswork?

As supporters, we ought all to care if some of us feel let down, alienated or ignored.

It’s OUR club that suffers if ANY revenue stream dries up, be it catering, replica shirts, mugs and keyrings or through the turnstiles.

And sadly, the Swanns and Rodders either don’t understand that, or just no longer care.

Pat O’Cake
    Participant

How many games anyone can get to is completely irrelevant. Would my opinion be worth less if I were crippled and unable to travel to any games? I sincerely hope not. This idea that only those who can get to matches should offer an opinion is hogwash.

Second, what exactly would anyone expect a supporter to say at the moment? I doubt anyone’s very happy about how things are, I’m certainly not. SUFC supporters are great at moaning and groaning when things are going well let alone when they’re going badly.

Does that mean the relationship between the club and supporters has broken down? Hardly. If and when the club starts doing well again supporters will come back. If we manage to get the stadium rebuilt even more will come back. GP is the most dreadful place to watch a football match and the sooner it’s rebuilt the better.

Whatever happens, however, those with an anti-Swann agenda will find stuff to complain about. It isn’t difficult to find problems with any organisation if you’re looking for them.

As for entertainment under Brian Laws?! Talk about looking through rose-tinted spectacles.

Well Bucks I have read some utter tripe from you in the past but this one really takes the biscuit!!!

1. Just because I believe Mr Swann and his family have done a terrible job of running this club does not mean I have an agenda ! What does that actually mean anyway???

2. If you didn’t think the football under Brian Laws (1st spell) was entertaining irrespective of the results then you are definitely a troll rather than a supporter of SUFC (something I have suspected quietly for some time now)

3. The club and the supporters have never had a relationship under Mr Swanns tenure, it just doesn’t exist, we are just the morons that spend our money every other week remember?

4. Nobody has said if you don’t go to matches you can’t have an opinion (yet another lie from you) what HAS been said is that you cannot tell those of us that DO go to games that our experience of it is better than we say it is, and that all we are doing is moaning & groaning !

Oh! and being crippled as you so delightfully phrase it does not mean you cannot go to games, a very good friend of mine since our schooldays who is sadly no longer with us was paralysed from the neck down pretty much all of his life and he attended home & away all of his life, and I include places like Exeter, Plymouth & Torquay.

Awaywego
    Participant

alcy i see a lot of fans at matches who said before they wernt going anymore,the one that sticks in my memory this season was at macc fan going ape shit in pub stating if hammill not playing thats my last game still see him at away games like i say plenty of phoneys about.and as for revenue swanny puts up.he spends more on sacking managers than the loss of revenue from fans not going.

BartonIron
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 94

I guess I would be one of the fans who doesnt attend regularly, mainly because I work away for 6 months of the year but I also pick and choose games. If I have been for a couple of weeks and the football on offer is crap, I invariably don’t go until they pick up again, call me a fair weather fan or not… I am one of the thousand or so SUFC need to entice back. Give me half decent football with a good work rate and I will attend. Set up to match the oponents game at home with defensive crap, no thanks.

Regarding the food, it has been bad for a very long time, it does not affect my reason to go at all, nowadays I normally have a subway before going in and even the caterers can’t screw up a cup of Bovril.

Pat O’Cake
    Participant

as for revenue swanny puts up.he spends more on sacking managers than the loss of revenue from fans not going.

WOW great! Now that has changed my mind, please stay Mr Swann.

Bucksiron
    Participant

Pat:

1. There are people on here whose agenda is anti-Swann, full-stop; and you certainly appear to have an agenda on the catering. Put simply this means you just look for problems, which are never hard to find in any organisation and especially around a football club in a tired ground that needs redeveloping. We all want to see things improve but a lot of the criticism on here about the catering and the club is, as UTI points out, destructive and very much OTT.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinions but then so am I — and without being called a liar for sharing them.

2. I recall plenty of people moaning and groaning about the football under Laws. I saw plenty of games under him and don’t recall the football being particularly entertaining. Yet if I disagree with you that makes me a troll, apparently.

3. I don’t recall a ‘relationship’ with Wharton or any other owner.

4. You need to check your facts before you start throwing accusations of lying around. The number of false accusations you’ve made against me would make a very interesting case for the lawyers. I strongly suspect a court of law would uphold that a number of people on this board have made it clear they don’t believe people who can’t get to matches should offer an opinion.

5. I was very careful to put the following: “Would my opinion be worth less if I were crippled and UNABLE to travel to any games?” Your friend deserves enormous credit and sympathy but using him the way you have is pretty sad, frankly, because there are people who are UNABLE to get to matches because they’re crippled. My point remains — is their opinion worth any less just because they can’t get to games?

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 177
    Replies: 3688

Bucksiron wrote:- ” I strongly suspect a court of law would uphold that a number of people on this board have made it clear they don’t believe people who can’t get to matches should offer an opinion.”

Did you read what Pat said above? Here it is again as you seem to have overlooked the point he is making.

“Nobody has said if you don’t go to matches you can’t have an opinion (yet another lie from you) what HAS been said is that you cannot tell those of us that DO go to games that our experience of it is better than we say it is, and that all we are doing is moaning & groaning !

Awaywego
    Participant

are you sure pat o”cake your friend who is no longer with you wont come back.

Awaywego
    Participant

(joke) maybe not in good taste but still meant as a joke.

THE-99%
    Topics: 833
    Replies: 3997

what’s wrong with agendas? Informed ideas based on facts become agendas when you cannot prove them wrong I guess

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 1651

I would hope that any judge would fine you for wasting the court’s time for such an accusation as “a number of people on this board have made it clear they don’t believe people who can’t get to matches should offer an opinion”.

Pat O’Cake
    Participant

Pat:

1. There are people on here whose agenda is anti-Swann, full-stop; and you certainly appear to have an agenda on the catering. Put simply this means you just look for problems, which are never hard to find in any organisation and especially around a football club in a tired ground that needs redeveloping. We all want to see things improve but a lot of the criticism on here about the catering and the club is, as UTI points out, destructive and very much OTT.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinions but then so am I — and without being called a liar for sharing them.

2. I recall plenty of people moaning and groaning about the football under Laws. I saw plenty of games under him and don’t recall the football being particularly entertaining. Yet if I disagree with you that makes me a troll, apparently.

3. I don’t recall a ‘relationship’ with Wharton or any other owner.

4. You need to check your facts before you start throwing accusations of lying around. The number of false accusations you’ve made against me would make a very interesting case for the lawyers. I strongly suspect a court of law would uphold that a number of people on this board have made it clear they don’t believe people who can’t get to matches should offer an opinion.

5. I was very careful to put the following: “Would my opinion be worth less if I were crippled and UNABLE to travel to any games?” Your friend deserves enormous credit and sympathy but using him the way you have is pretty sad, frankly, because there are people who are UNABLE to get to matches because they’re crippled. My point remains — is their opinion worth any less just because they can’t get to games?

1. I have no agenda with the Catering at all, I simply comment when the club are missing out on lost revenue because of it, YOU are the one that mentions pies in nearly every post NOT me!

2. Never once did I hear complaining about quick wingers bombing forward at every opportunity, playing two up front and shed loads of goals (for & against), they may have complained about the results at times but if you go to games to watch a game of football rather than just to watch your team win as I do then the football on offer was excellent to watch.

3. We had a relationship with the club, open days & I mean proper open days in the Summer that were packed out, fans being allowed to bring a flask in if they want, Managers being given time to get things right and being left alone to do it! Just the whole vibe and feel around the club was much, much better.

4. I have never called you a liar for offering your opinion, I have called you a liar for accusing people of saying and doing things they have not. I put a post on here months ago when you last denied being a liar with direct quotes from you proving you were lying and you never responded to it and dissapeared from the board for a good while (i’m sure that was just a coincidence like?) As for lawyers, bring it on, I won’t need one I would just bring my laptop to court and log on to Iron Bru and case closed pal!

5. Having your opinion is fine, what is not fine is telling people who do go to games that they are wrong about the experience and facilities.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Bucksiron
    Participant

I’m not going to get dragged into this any more, Pat. You’ve accused me of lying on numerous occasions just for offering an opinion. You make out that I accuse people of “saying and doing” things they have not — it’s somewhat ironic but this couldn’t be further from the truth.

All you do is take someone’s opinion and then make out they’re claiming someone has “said” or “done” what the opinion is about. It’s complete nonsense. Part of me would love to take you to court but, quite frankly I have better things to do with my life than worry about what you “say” on here.

As for this stuff about those who can’t get to matches offering an opinion, I’ve lost count of how many times certain people use this, frankly, pathetic reason for getting back at those such as myself.

I’ve absolutely no doubt you’ll continue to get ‘thanks’ from posters, which I’m sure will make you feel good but none of that means it’s OK to throw false accusations around about people. The mods are useless and do nothing unless, of course, there’s the slightest hint of anyone putting anything down on here that might bring Peter Swann into the equation. I don’t recall you ever calling him a liar, but it would the first and last time should you ever be daft enough to do so. That alone makes my point.

Awaywego
    Participant

another myth pat flasks are allowed in,

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3860

Why not take a few weeks off Buck’s instead of repeating yourself ad nauseam, you appear to be struggling with this a bit, it’s not against the law to shut up for a while you know?

Deereyme66
    Participant

Everyone else is wrong eh Bucks? It’s the same old story. You keep mentioning these ‘thanks’ that other posters receive. Is that was this is really about, hmm?

Gurnelista
    Participant
    Topics: 49
    Replies: 1036

Aye, we’ve been here so many times before. I direct members of the Bru to a post of 2 years ago as follows:

December 6, 2018 at 2:10 pm #130170
    In reply to: SWexit

A lawyer writes:

As a lawyer I am frequently asked ‘Is it ok to call another poster a liar?’
    In general, if you call someone a liar, you would need to prove they were indeed a liar. If there were no evidence, s/he could issue a writ for libel and seek damages. But, they would need to prove material losses as a result of tangible harm to their .. ahem.. ‘reputation’, which would be difficult, and incur considerable expense, particularly as online identities in Bru are anonymous.

Plus, the accuser may be overseas, or may not worth suing in the first place (the proverbial ‘man of straw’). Legal aid to pursue the action would be highly unlikely too.

Moreover, a significant ruling in 2008 determined that comments on boards such as Bru were more like slander than libel, since by nature they are more akin to a conversation than, say, a newspaper. But, the aforementioned points would still apply.

The complainant could also pursue the website operator for allowing the comments, but again it would be difficult given the anonymity of the posters and the problem of proving material losses arising, particularly as threads are not publicly accessible and are read only by a relatively small number.

However, the context would be quite different if allegations were made about a recognisable figure, such as PS.

Back to the original question… any such allegation would be laughed at by a judge, almost as much as it would by Bru-ers in the online gallery. It might well be accompanied by a comment such as ‘don’t take it too seriously’, or ‘if you can’t stand the heat…’, or pot, kettle, black, etc. etc.

But, for the avoidance of any doubt, and to maintain the indubitable decorum of the site, it might be safer to avoid terms such as ‘liar’ in favour of an alternative such as ‘bullshitter’, a term of endearment with which the complainant will no doubt be familiar, particularly given his predilection for abuse and slandering other board members as ‘wankers’ – an accusation for which hard evidence is unlikely to ever come forth.

That’ll be £450, please.

© Utterfraud LLB, Bucks.

And to the inestimable chagrin of the complainant, 3 users thanked author for this post.
    Just Iron, Sufcruleok, Iron-awe

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 239
    Replies: 10594

The mods are useless and do nothing.

I beg to differ.

Deereyme66
    Participant

About the ‘do nothing’ bit? ;)

Pat O’Cake
    Participant

Bucks I have proved you are a liar and posted the proof on here, now put your toys back in the pram and suck it up, you were called out and found out, at least be man enough to admit it or shut up about it.

The topic ‘Any news on the redevelopment of the ground’ is closed to new replies.