in

KVV exclusive: “I’m not pushing for China move”

image1 1

Iron striker Kevin Van Veen has exclusively told Iron-Bru.co.uk that he is not trying to force through a multi million pound move to Chinese side Henan Jianye FC and would be happy to stay at Glanford Park if a deal between the sides could not be reached.

The Iron reportedly turned down a £4million bid for the striker on deadline day, but the Chinese transfer window will remain open until February 28th meaning a deal could still be reached.

Van Veen exclusively told Iron-Bru.co.uk: “The interest is true and if it happens, it happens.

(If the clubs can agree a fee) “I will consider the offer like every other human being.

Van Veen has been reported as saying he would be ‘stupid’ not to move if the clubs could agree a fee in the Dutch press, and that he had already said goodbye to his Scunthorpe teammates, which led to some angry comments from disgruntled Iron supporters.

But the Dutchman has reiterated that he is happy at Glanford Park and is happy to stay should a deal not be reached.

“Of course I am (happy to stay).

“All I said was that it’s a life changing opportunity. Financially it’s something else and that’s the truth.

“I read everything and what I read from some fans is not nice to hear. To be clear I’m not pushing for any move.

“I love playing for Scunthorpe and I am absolutely enjoying my time at Scunthorpe”.

Written by Matt Blanchard

Part of the team since 2007, before becoming editor in 2013. Undertaken the role of match summariser during Scunthorpe United live match commentaries for BBC Radio Humberside. Seasonal contributor to football titles FourFourTwo and When Saturday Comes and a finalist at the Football Blogging Awards in 2014.

glanford park

Report: Iron bid for Bolton’s Beevers

CongpZzWcAAOwnQ

Wilder: I don’t think it’s little old Scunthorpe